First tow with new 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did my first tow with my 2019 2500 6.4L gasser and I gotta say, I’m VERY happy. My 2015 with the 5.7 struggled on some hills but I didn’t meet a hill I couldn’t gain momentum on this time. Glad I added the Timbrens, after the leveling kit was installed any load made the truck look squatty. Pitch of my driveway makes my TT look nose high and truck look squatty but on level ground everything is nice and level.

5895B4EF-DBDC-4B03-96C3-65DB1913400B.jpeg

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just did my first tow with my 2019 2500 6.4L gasser and I gotta say, I’m VERY happy. My 2015 with the 5.7 struggled on some hills but I didn’t meet a hill I couldn’t gain momentum on this time. Glad I added the Timbrens, after the leveling kit was installed any load made the truck look squatty. Pitch of my driveway makes my TT look nose high and truck look squatty but on level ground everything is nice and level.

View attachment 210970
Great lookin combo. I'm glad it pulls good for you. I love my 18

Blue Mule

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
oooo i will be doing my first tow with the 2020 power wagon next week :). im pretty excited.

I have to go pick up my brother in law from Colorado. I towed all his **** up there with my old ram 1500 (5.7l, 6 speed), and didnt have much trouble.

So i cannot wait to see what it feels like in the wagon.

Its nothing crazy. but will have a car trailor, with his nissan altima on the back. It will however be loaded full of ****, and the bed will also be fully loaded. i think it was about 8,000lbs all together. So nothing crazy. but will be nice to see the difference with the big gasser, and 8 speed transmission.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
oooo i will be doing my first tow with the 2020 power wagon next week :). im pretty excited.

I have to go pick up my brother in law from Colorado. I towed all his **** up there with my old ram 1500 (5.7l, 6 speed), and didnt have much trouble.

So i cannot wait to see what it feels like in the wagon.

Its nothing crazy. but will have a car trailor, with his nissan altima on the back. It will however be loaded full of ****, and the bed will also be fully loaded. i think it was about 8,000lbs all together. So nothing crazy. but will be nice to see the difference with the big gasser, and 8 speed transmission.

Enjoy the ride man. I've had about 8 behind mine. Last truck was a 03 Chevy 6.0 with 4 gears. Man this hemi is a game changer.

Congrats to OP as well. Great looking ride. Looks busy with trailer and loaded racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Johnny NJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings

View attachment 210970

Johnny NJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings
Did you still use any sort of weight distribution kit? Just bought a 2019 2500 diesel. Getting ready to tow a TT in the coming weeks. If you did still use a weight distribution kit did you need to adjust the setup from your previous truck? I’m coming from a gm 1500 so this sits much higher.

thanks for any info!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Did you still use any sort of weight distribution kit? Just bought a 2019 2500 diesel. Getting ready to tow a TT in the coming weeks. If you did still use a weight distribution kit did you need to adjust the setup from your previous truck? I’m coming from a gm 1500 so this sits much higher.
Laws of physics still apply to a 2500 so you'll need to set up your WDH for the trailer. You probably need to a longer drop drawbar for your WDH since the truck sits higher.

OP
OP
2015HD

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

thanks for any info!
Oh yes, I used my Blue Ox Sway Pro which was set up for my 2015 2500. Fortunately I didn't have to modify the setup.

One bit of follow-up, I drove the truck empty Sunday for the first time since I installed the Timbrens. Under load I didn't notice much change in the ride but empty she's a bit stiffer because the Timbrens engage on pretty much every bump. It's a trade off to avoid the squat. If I hadn't leveled the truck I would pull the Timbrens out because the stock ride on the 2019 much much nicer than my 2015. I have to keep the level because I have a 9'6" V Plow and without the level the blade tips contact the ground too often when retracted. So, I'll just live with the rougher ride when empty.