First upgrade for my drop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad Trader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last night I put on a Hellwig rear anti- sway bar. Can’t believe the difference it has made. My thought is to buy things I can install first that I will need before I start buying the stuff for the drop.
Does anyone know anywhere that has the front sway bar in stock? Everywhere I check says it’s 6 to 10 weeks back ordered.FD0DA398-7903-41E4-9378-3030931C321F.jpeg

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
In my humble opinion, you may be wasting your $$.

I put the rear hellwig on my 14 RCSB that has a 2/3 drop and inside 3 months took it off and replaced it with the roadmaster.

The rear hellwig is 7/8 inch the roadmaster is 1 1/8. Much improved and Heck of a difference in handling and no need to touch front other than shorter f150 end links to level bar. My little truck corners like it's on rails.

I was lucky, in that I have more than 1 truck so I transferred the hellwig to my stock height quad cab I use for towing otherwise I would be miffed.

Your truck your $$. I would do some research here on the forums.

Many threads. Most are excellent

Hope you work it out to your satisfaction. My experience yours will vary...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brad Trader

Brad Trader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dang I thought I did my research before I bought it. Everything about Hellwig was positive.
Usually what happens though as soon as I buy it I find out I shouldn’t have.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I don't think you were incorrect I just think it's about objectives, mine is handling and high speed stability your objectives might be looks and straight line performance

I was just suggesting that spending $$ on the front bar could be better researched. Your rear decision has been made.

I own 3 of these trucks and spent about $15 bucks on the front to replace end links bushings with poly bushings on 2 and maybe $45 on the third to replace end links and bushings.

I would not over think it, if you are happy and meeting your objectives then my experience is my experience.

I felt after buying the hellwig it was ineffective in meeting my objectives as I still had to much sway in the rear at higher speed. Perhaps I am over engineering but my objectives are high speed stability with the ability to run in triple digits for longer periods of time.

I live in Montana where roads are flat wide and have lower traffic volumes and higher speed is tolerated.

My final objectives include rear relocation brackets, a replacement driveshaft and drivestaft loop. All supporting handling and high speed

OP
OP
Brad Trader

Brad Trader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks
I don’t think I will have to worry about the high speeds I mainly just messing around town.
I’m looking at getting Timber Grove air bags 4” drop in the rear and trying figure out either drop spindles or springs in the front.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I installed the airlift 1000 bags for a Durango in the rear springs on my lowered truck. 12 lbs in left, 9 lbs in the right, I'm level at the rear, no gas tank tilt and if I need to tow, I can go up to 35.

I have the airlift 1000 for 1500 in my stock truck and tow extensively with it, never needed more pulling a tandem 7x14.

The Timber groves are good bags

If I were you, Inez kit, two inch dropped control arms, adjustable front upper control arms, uses stock front springs and shocks. Rear is 4inch dropped springs,, shocks and their brackets for rear control arm relocation.

Great kit. Expensive but great.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my front hellwig sway from summitracing. Looks like they are also back ordered now.

I went with front and rear hellwig. No regrets here yet. Still fine running to make everything work right. I'm trying to achieve a stiff ride with hard cornering abilities. Our freeways here are horrible and feel my front sway bar made it more noticeable /harsh ride.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
In my humble opinion, you may be wasting your $$.

I put the rear hellwig on my 14 RCSB that has a 2/3 drop and inside 3 months took it off and replaced it with the roadmaster.

The rear hellwig is 7/8 inch the roadmaster is 1 1/8. Much improved and Heck of a difference in handling and no need to touch front other than shorter f150 end links to level bar. My little truck corners like it's on rails.

I was lucky, in that I have more than 1 truck so I transferred the hellwig to my stock height quad cab I use for towing otherwise I would be miffed.

Your truck your $$. I would do some research here on the forums.

Many threads. Most are excellent

Hope you work it out to your satisfaction. My experience yours will vary...

Do you have a part number for the Roadmaster ?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not knocking anybody at all, but keep in mind, everybody has a different opinion on what's better than this or that.
You'll find guys on both sides of the fence on various upgrades.
That is no way a diss on you "bigskyroadglide", like you said, you gotta decide what you wanna spend your money on is all.
Some drive their trucks harder than others is all.
That sway bar would probably do fine for me, I don't push my truck that hard, so if you decide to sell it and upgrade to a better one let me know I might be interested?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel