Flash help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casey_27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey there, I've got a 2012 laramie that came with the heated mirrors/turn signal/ puddle lighting. None of these functions work only the normal tilt function. As well as doing full led swaps I now get the the bulb out error. I tried using veepeak ble+ and alfaobd to re flash them to work again and reprogram for led. Unfortunately none of my attempts have worked, what's next on the list a better obd connector, anyone have a solution?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The developer of AlfaOBD recommends the OBDLink MX or MX+ Bluetooth modules. People have resolved issues similar to yours of certain procedures not working with other OBD modules by switching to one of the recommendations.

OP
OP
C

Casey_27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really appreciate it I'll give one of them a shot.

WaRam2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a 2012 Laramie just curious if the new OBD worked for you MX or MX+

OP
OP
C

Casey_27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've discovered that I was able to get the mirror heaters to work but signals and puddles still won't. On the alfa obd using the CGM non powernet causes more issues because of the yr being unable to flash to keep the bulb light errors away. Most people have an easy time flashing anything 2013 and up. If you know a way around those bulb out problems please let me know.