Flash logic flrsch10 install issue 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Couldnt find any previous posts so sorry if this has been covered.

Tried installing the flash logic today and could not get it to enter the programming mode. It just flashed red, never gave the green flash.

Everything I found through searches here seemed to be the splicing of wires on the 2018 or newer. Is there any splices that need to be made on a 16?

If it matters I have installed the factory trailer brake control.

At this point I have pulled it back out and will be returning it but may try again with new information once my nerves have settled.

Plug and Play lol.

Thanks

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes my kit was completely plug and play. I found it on Amazon but you'll need the Start-X kit for 2013-2017 key start as long as you have a key/tip start. I don't know if they have one for push to start ignitions.

Sent from my LG-V60 using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Was Flash Logic (Voxx) unable to help you?

https://www.flashlogic.com/contact
I had called them before I started installing. I was trying to make sure I had the right instructions since for some reason mine does not have a “guide” number.

Long story short after the condescending guy on the line told me it is supposed to be done by professionals and ran me through the website and took me right back to where I was. Told him there are still 5 choices and he replied it doesn’t matter just pick one. Then why have 5 different ones?

At this point I was just curious as to if there are wires that have to be cut on the 2016. If so to me that’s not plug and play.

Thanks to all that have replied.

Woody

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was plug and play for my 2014 with tip start. I don't remember the procedure but search for a video on youtube. It helped me

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Couldnt find any previous posts so sorry if this has been covered.

Tried installing the flash logic today and could not get it to enter the programming mode. It just flashed red, never gave the green flash.

Everything I found through searches here seemed to be the splicing of wires on the 2018 or newer. Is there any splices that need to be made on a 16?

If it matters I have installed the factory trailer brake control.

At this point I have pulled it back out and will be returning it but may try again with new information once my nerves have settled.

Plug and Play lol.

Thanks
The flrsch10 is 100% plug n play for your 2016. You didn’t mention, but do you have the USB adapter to flash the module, and if so, did you flash it for your truck first before you did the first set of install instructions? After that, you have to remove the module, plug it back into the laptop, and finish the KLON programming.

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The flrsch10 is 100% plug n play for your 2016. You didn’t mention, but do you have the USB adapter to flash the module, and if so, did you flash it for your truck first before you did the first set of install instructions? After that, you have to remove the module, plug it back into the laptop, and finish the KLON programming.

Now we may be getting somewhere. Yes I have the usb module, but no I did not see any instructions to flash it before initial install.

I got stuck at the point where I was supposed to close then open my door to get the green flash on the module. It only continues to flash red even after hitting the button on keyfob per instructions.

So I need to flash it prior to install?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Now we may be getting somewhere. Yes I have the usb module, but no I did not see any instructions to flash it before initial install.

I got stuck at the point where I was supposed to close then open my door to get the green flash on the module. It only continues to flash red even after hitting the button on keyfob per instructions.

So I need to flash it prior to install?
Yes

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’ll look tonight when I get home. Just make an account on flash logic to flash it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought mine the seller asked me a bunch of questions so they could program it before they shipped it to me. Then I followed the steps that Jimmy07 described above. Works great too!

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Getting “usb not detected” when trying to do initial flash.

Made my account, downloaded the software it said I needed but can’t get my module to connect to flash.

Using internet explorer 11 on windows 10.

Any ideas of what I could be missing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks to all that replied.

I called voxx today and can’t say enough about the service I received. I’m pretty sure I even got the same guy that I had been frustrated with the first time but he was a HUGE help and resolved my issue.

I ended up downloading team connect to give him access to my computer since even though my USB ports had operated fine before something wasn’t allowing the connection with the module.

Long story short he fixed the issue and I have it working now, finally lol

This group rocks!

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got it figured out.

Sent from my LG-V60 using Tapatalk.