Floor Jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What floor jacks are you guys using to jack up your ram? I used to use a Hein Werner but their quality has gone down hill so I was looking at the Harbor freight 3 ton Daytona (snap on copy) which gets really good reviews. The only thing I like about the Hein werner is the frame of the truck fits inside the lifting plate which means that it is almost impossible for the jack to slip off the frame. I am not sure if that is the case with the Daytona jack as the plate looks smaller.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Can't beat 'em for the price. I have three in my polebarn, from the Aluminum 1.5 ton to a regular and low lift steel 3 ton. I haven't had a problem with them and one is ten years old. If the seals go, just toss it. Be sure to keep looking at their sale adds they sell them pretty reasonable on a routine basis.

You will use jack stands and not depend on the jack holding the weight I'll bet. HF's 6 ton stands are what I use. They are currently on sale on the HF website for $33.95. Take a copy of that price and a 20% off coupon to HF and they'll knock 20% off the $34.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What they said ^^^ reference jack stands. I have a Craftsman 3 ton jack that is between 15 and 20 yrs old, place heavy jack stands under my vehicles also. Actually was going to go to HF today to look at an aluminum 3 ton jack as they are having a big sale near me. But just gonna chill on the back patio with a few cold friends and look at the water. :cool:

OP
OP
Juniorss

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do use jack stands. What I am saying is, as you jack up, the jack has to walk in. I have had it where the jack slides on the frame as you jack the truck up instead of it walking in. The bigger lifting plate on the Hein Werner jack allows the frame to sit inside the plate so it pulls the jack in.

hein werner.jpg

Anyways I just grabbed a yellow Daytona since it was on sale and ending today. We will see how it works

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do use jack stands. What I am saying is, as you jack up, the jack has to walk in. I have had it where the jack slides on the frame as you jack the truck up instead of it walking in. The bigger lifting plate on the Hein Werner jack allows the frame to sit inside the plate so it pulls the jack in.

View attachment 158295

Anyways I just grabbed a yellow Daytona since it was on sale and ending today. We will see how it works

Have you tried to see if the werner plate will fit the HF or other jacks ?

Most plates are held on with a pin sitting in a hole, and most are the same size pin.......

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the low profile 3 ton HF jack ($79.99 on sale), it fits under the wifes Pacifica which is really low & jacks higher than their ( and most other) normal height jacks. And I have 2 sets of HF 6 ton jack stands. All work great.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
^^^Yes Sir exactly what they said HFT low pro 3 ton. ^^^
I also have 2- sets of 6 ton stands. Mainly for the extra height.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2 jacks from Harbor Freight normal reach 3 ton, and the other one is a long reach 2 or 3 ton low profile as well, had them for about 3-4 years and no issues.
Same with the jack stands, i have 4 of them from HF as well.
46622121674_97b13b7587_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

And everything comes handy :)
30229185907_09ccfe3548_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Or
34668281534_0169c2f506_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
HF jacks are pretty good. What sold me on HF was I have a 20+ year old Craftsman 3 ton floor jack. Looking close at it the label said "Made in China" and I paid 100 on sale for that in the late 90's, so IT was a HF jack with a Craftsman label

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
My wife is a manager for HFT so I get the inside info on everything. I have a lot of tools from a lot of mfgs and almost everything I have from HFT has performed as it’s designed. I admit that sometimes(most) I abuse the tool like over working it. I do love the warranty system they have.
Like the floor jacks welders and nearly everything with the Pittsburgh name is forever no matter no questions asked replacement warranty.
The one problem I have with HFT tools are the precision line. They don’t hold accuracy very well. And those tools only carry the 90 day warranty although they have the Pittsburgh name.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Typically HF only warranys the hand tools for life. Anything electrical or air operated is 90 days and they always try to sell you the extended warranty. That said, I have a lot of their electric power tools and air nailers and they worked flawlessly (except for the $9.95 electric angle grinders which 2 of them burned up with short term steady use, but you can't expect too much for that price).

Last edited:

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Think that’s what I said basically. And true I’ll never let anyone buy “drill master electric tools”

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I've had the Costco aluminum 2 ton for about 10 years and it works like a champ! And who needs jackstands when you have a stack of 4x4's sitting around. Just kidding.......or am I?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife is a manager for HFT so I get the inside info on everything. I have a lot of tools from a lot of mfgs and almost everything I have from HFT has performed as it’s designed. I admit that sometimes(most) I abuse the tool like over working it. I do love the warranty system they have.
Like the floor jacks welders and nearly everything with the Pittsburgh name is forever no matter no questions asked replacement warranty.
The one problem I have with HFT tools are the precision line. They don’t hold accuracy very well. And those tools only carry the 90 day warranty although they have the Pittsburgh name.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon
I'm on my 3rd HF torque wrench, one of them went to my wife truck rear seats so i can use it when i'm working on that truck but the 2nd one broke, lasted about a year before it wouldn't stop at the preset torque, so i bought another on special for about $19 or so.

There are a couple of things i won't buy again from HF: HF 12klbs Winch, i went through 2 of them, 1st one lasted about 2 years, 2nd brand new lasted 2 months then it stop winching at the wrong moment. Of course there is nothing better for a brand reputaton for the product to stop working in front of a crowd that will tell you "I told you so..." lol

Baur 1/2 Hypermax impact Wrench, paid $89 with a coupon, 450ft/lbs brake away torque...... yeah right lol, it won't even come close to loosen the RAM or Silverado wheel lugnuts at just 130-140 ft/lbs the thing is a joke, i use it now for simple things that need low torque, funny thing their Chicago electric corded one (230 ft/lbs) can do it, and i think i paid $30 with a coupon. I still have it but i use a little more heavy duty corded i have from Kobalt, sucker can do my Jeep WJ axel nuts so it's got some guevos :)

Eclipse Aries

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed we all use 3 ton floor jacks. My truck has a GVWR of 6900#. Should it be of any concern that we are probably over the weight limit for the jacks and jack stands (if anyone is using the 3 ton stands)?