Floor jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need to replace my old 3 ton floor jack. It’s 20+ years old, and the seals are leaking. Bearings are bad on the casters. It has served me well but it’s time to move on. So my question is will a 2 ton jack be able to lift the front of my 1500? Not concerned about the rear, little weight there. Just looking to save some coin and get a 2 ton vs a 3 ton. Thanks!

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About 7 years ago I needed a jack in a hurry (roadside emergency not ram related). I wound up running into the nearest harbor freight store and bought their 3 ton sliver low profile jack because they had it in stock. It cost me like $89. back then and I've been using it ever since. It lifts my ram with the orp just fine when I do work in my driveway

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need to replace my old 3 ton floor jack. It’s 20+ years old, and the seals are leaking. Bearings are bad on the casters. It has served me well but it’s time to move on. So my question is will a 2 ton jack be able to lift the front of my 1500? Not concerned about the rear, little weight there. Just looking to save some coin and get a 2 ton vs a 3 ton. Thanks!
It will lift, but I always try to get more jack, than needed, but that is me. ALSO, I know U R being safe and put jack stands there as a safety feature, I hope. :emotions33:

1 MEAN66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT-MDS
"HARBOR FREIGHT"!!!!! I have a 3ton that is at least 22 years old, I also just bought (3 years ago) a long low profile 3 ton. Got it because it will lift higher due to the longer arm, and fit under my friends 5th gen Vette.

Jared Worley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Second the hf option. Get a 2.5 T Aluminum. Your back and wallet will thank you. Sometimes you can snagba sweet deal on Facebook marketplace to save some coin!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I got the 3 ton low profile jack from harbor freight and four BIG RED T46002A Torin Steel Jack Stands: Double Locking, 6 Ton ....
OMG .. (sarcastic font) you use that to lift your truck??? Clearly you need 22 ton jack stands and a 50 ton floor jack for working on a 1/2 ton truck!!!
:eek::cool:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
OMG .. (sarcastic font) you use that to lift your truck??? Clearly you need 22 ton jack stands and a 50 ton floor jack for working on a 1/2 ton truck!!!
:eek::cool:
LOL !!! Works fawkenGRRRREat when I rotate the wheels, all four corners up on jack stands and BAM HOMIE! just crisscross the wheels and I am good to go!!!! ... fawkenLoveit!!!

OP
OP
K

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up a Daytona 3 ton from HF. Omg, can’t believe I can be laying on my back to get it in position and still pull on the handle to crank it up. No way on my old one. Great purchase!!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
CheechDogg.0n37s
I have that 3 ton Daytona in my jack collection
I bought it about this time last year, it may have been during the BLACK FRIDAY Sales
I also have 4 trolley jacks, 2 came in suitcases
I had a racing jack, low profile, 5 or 6 pumps would raise it to full height, i loaned it to a friend & i have not seen them or the jack since then

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yes, a 2-ton Jack will lift the front of your truck. That being said, I would go with a Harbor Freight 3 ton like the rest of the members here. I personally have the HF blue aluminum 3 ton low profile racing jack. Love it. Low enough to get under our 2 Hondas with enough lift for the truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OK, my friends
another member posted a site that does IN DEPTH product comparisons, i had not checked it out until today, after reading about peoples thoughts about Jacks

this is the video on Jacks

this is the site about all the other products tested

OP
OP
K

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CheechDogg.0n37s
I have that 3 ton Daytona in my jack collection
I bought it about this time last year, it may have been during the BLACK FRIDAY Sales
I also have 4 trolley jacks, 2 came in suitcases
I had a racing jack, low profile, 5 or 6 pumps would raise it to full height, i loaned it to a friend & i have not seen them or the jack since then

OP
OP
K

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For a $200+ tool I’d think I’d be hunting him down!!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that he is no longer in my town, or i would have run into him at our Wednesday Car Show on Main St.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like that big ****** ! But now with the 2 post lift I dont use it anymore... lol..
That little blue one Ive had for 22y now. Rebuilt the casters with a 5$ Amazon ball bearing kit... lol... and changed out the Hydraulic oil seals on it...lol...

PXL_20221119_005732231.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I gave my 2 ton away years ago when I had a diesel. Bit too light duty and also too short. I have a 3.5 ton Flema now. Was on sale for a couple hundred bucks and decided I preferred made in Canada over China.especially at the same price point. I like the jack to be a bit longer so it's easier to slide it under the truck and operate and a double pump until it's loaded so it lifts quicker. Not as long as the 5-ton behemouths thats are a pain to maneuver, but long enough that I can pump the jack up more than a quarter stroke at a time. It's strong enough to lift the front of a 3500 diesel barely and lifts 1/2 tons like they're on the moon. 21" lift height is on the higher end of the average as well.