Floor Mat Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got a recall notice for my driver side floor mats . I guess there is a problem with it interfering with either the brake or gas pedal. Going to take it in and find out what needs to be done.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just got a recall notice for my driver side floor mats . I guess there is a problem with it interfering with either the brake or gas pedal. Going to take it in and find out what needs to be done.
If they don't have the replacement in yet they will trim it until they have the replacement. According to what I read from manufacturer anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am going to wait. The fix right now is to remove sections of the ribs near the gas pedal. This will leave you with holes in the floor mat. Not what I want in an all weather floor mat LOL. Here's what the "fix" looks like...

Floor mat recall fix.JPG

This is the comparison of a "good" floor mat and a "defective" one to see if you have one of the affected mats.

Floor mat recall 1.JPG

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
I got my notice today as well. Three copies of it. Haven't checked them yet.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
If they don't have the replacement in yet they will trim it until they have the replacement. According to what I read from manufacturer anyway

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was not told anything about a replacement forthcoming. In fact, I was not even told what the repair would be. I just got the truck back with my floor mat looking like a 5 year old went to town on it with a hacksaw!

No one mentioned anything to me about the repair destroying the integrity of the all-weather floor mat.

Maybe is just me, but I expect better when I purchase a $65k truck!

This is what my mat looked like after they were done.

I am ticked. I am waiting for the service manager to call me on Monday. If I had known that they were expecting replacement mats and would provide me with one, I would have waited. I have not had any issues with my mat interfering with the gas pedal.

Given that the new mat appears to simply have the ridges removed and stop at a lower height on the mat, I am unclear why the dealer could not simply sand down the ridges instead of cutting them out completely.

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Amazonica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the info @mikeru and @Weebear. Mine goes in a week from today for this. Now I know what I don't want them to do...sheesh..that's not a 'fix'. Has anyone actually heard of a problem of the pedal getting stuck? I'm no truck genius and I still haven't manged to get my pedal stuck under the mat.

Slotback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered some all weather floor mats. I hope they are the "updated" ones. I'll check tomorrow. I think that they do look good though.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This is straight from the recall service procedure.

****Customers of modified driver’s side floor mats will be included in a future Customer Satisfaction Notification campaign and will be notified when the replacement floor mat becomes available to have the driver’s side modified floor mat replaced.****

Ed Pauly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 turbo diesel
I have a carpet matt on top of mine :) clearance is not a issue. ??

ram 24 (2).jpg

UKreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had the ribs on my floor mats excised yesterday. The gas pedal could catch on the ribs leading to an unpleasant experience. Depends where you have your pedals adjusted to I suppose. I don't like my carpet being exposed to dirt and discoloration for who knows how long. Dealer has no idea when new mats will be available.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had the ribs on my floor mats excised yesterday. The gas pedal could catch on the ribs leading to an unpleasant experience. Depends where you have your pedals adjusted to I suppose. I don't like my carpet being exposed to dirt and discoloration for who knows how long. Dealer has no idea when new mats will be available.
Might as well slap some duct tape over the slots to keep the carpet clean. I mean, how much worse could it look?

I adjusted my pedals to every conceivable position to try to get the gas pedal to stick behind the ribs, and the closest it ever came was about an inch and a half. I see no way this could happen unless the mat becomes loose or something gets underneath. I have zero concern about this being a problem, and even if it somehow did happen, just holding the brake pedal will de-escalate the problem.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
What a bunch of ******** Ram. After many years of floor mat problems by others just like these I would think you would know better.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque

My dealer has no idea when the new mats will be available. But I do - they are available now!

I got an email the other date from FCA offering a 15% discount on the new mats. Apparently they are available for sale, but not to replace what FCA had the dealers slice up for warranty "repair".

If you look closely, you can see that these are the redesigned mats with a flat spot where the gas pedal may contact the mat.Content of 30 Oct 20 Email about mats for sale_Page_1.jpg Content of 30 Oct 20 Email about mats for sale_Page_1.jpg New Mats for Sale.png

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
WELL, truck is at work with the wife, will see if I have this issue.

No want the hack job mats in my $60K truck

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My dealer has no idea when the new mats will be available. But I do - they are available now!

I got an email the other date from FCA offering a 15% discount on the new mats. Apparently they are available for sale, but not to replace what FCA had the dealers slice up for warranty "repair".

If you look closely, you can see that these are the redesigned mats with a flat spot where the gas pedal may contact the mat.View attachment 226672 View attachment 226672 View attachment 226673
The new mats have been available for a few weeks. That's for the full retail set. The replacement mats for the recall will be just the driver's mat, and of course it's taking much longer for those to become available. You can get the new mats now, you just have to pay for the whole set.

NoStopN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a carpet matt on top of mine :) clearance is not a issue. ??

View attachment 224869

I ordered carpeted mats for my Tradesman a month after buying the truck & haven't even thought of an interference issue. It may have to do with the all weather mats having those tall ribs to catch snow/mud. Carpet mats are likely thinner than Ram's fix for the all weather mats. :happy175:

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok - so I've been researching this recall, since my truck was made in the same window as the recalled trucks... add in the fact that my floor mat part number (I checked) ends in "AC" which, according to the official recall documents I found online (I have not been notified) - ALL mats with part numbers ending with AA, AB, and AC are difinitively included.

So - I sent an email and got this as a reply:

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 2.42.20 PM.png

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you have power pedals?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ok - so I've been researching this recall, since my truck was made in the same window as the recalled trucks... add in the fact that my floor mat part number (I checked) ends in "AC" which, according to the official recall documents I found online (I have not been notified) - ALL mats with part numbers ending with AA, AB, and AC are difinitively included.

So - I sent an email and got this as a reply:

View attachment 229764

Did you purchase the mats after taking delivery of your truck through the dealer or Mopar store?
Feel free to send us a message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They came with the truck. I didn’t add anything. I bought as it was in the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro