Floor Storage Lock??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cshull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, I put these in myself. Trivially easy to to, takes longer to get the tools you need than to do the install

Christian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much are the locks? If it was cheap enough I might add this, even though I think a good solid stomp would break the lid right off.

Whitd5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya or they could cut the bottom of the box open just by crawling under your truck... hope that doesn’t give the wrong person any ideas but it’s why I won’t keep anything valuable in there.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did these also.
Good but it is not a safe, just a lock.

Last edited:

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They're not intended for ultra-secure storage as if it were a safe. It's just designed to keep people out of them (valet, kids, random smash & grabbers, etc.). I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of cutting the compartments from underneath unless they were guaranteed a big score. If they were that determined, it's quicker and easier to just break in and pop the covers as opposed to drawing attention by crawling underneath with a cordless grinder and making all that noise. In most cases they'd come away with not much more than jumper cables, hitch receivers, etc.
I think they're a good idea for a bit of added security, nothing more.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They're not intended for ultra-secure storage as if it were a safe. It's just designed to keep people out of them (valet, kids, random smash & grabbers, etc.). I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of cutting the compartments from underneath unless they were guaranteed a big score. If they were that determined, it's quicker and easier to just break in and pop the covers as opposed to drawing attention by crawling underneath with a cordless grinder and making all that noise. In most cases they'd come away with not much more than jumper cables, hitch receivers, etc.
I think they're a good idea for a bit of added security, nothing more.

This is literally all I have in mine, plus a few emergency tools. Determined thieves will find a way around any lock you have. The lock is simply a deterrent. I’d see it as an advantage when the truck is left with valet or the dealership.

2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk