Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PomptonFresh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Has anyone put the flowmaster 50 series big block muffler on the 3.6? I am thinking about ordering it and leaving the resonators... any input? It's the quitest performance out there I believe.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone put the flowmaster 50 series big block muffler on the 3.6? I am thinking about ordering it and leaving the resonators... any input? It's the quitest performance out there I believe.
If you are looking for quiet but better than stock, I recommend the stock hemi muffler and resonators. New takeoffs can be had for around $150 and sound great on the 3.6...

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's interesting, is there a link to buy them?
Your local Craigslist is likely best. Next best is LKQ if you have one near you or they will ship free through their eBay store. Finally, you can post a "want to buy" here in the forum classifieds. A lot of Hemi owners have them sitting in their garage collecting dust in like new condition.

You can mount the stock dual tailpipes on a bumper without cutouts too. The resonators are adjustable for the stock non cutout 3.6 bumper. The only additional part you'll need which is arguably optional is an additional stock exhaust hanger. Everything is plug and play.

OP
OP
PomptonFresh

PomptonFresh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
So I looked into the oem dual exhaust and after seeing what it would cost for that, the cut out bumper, and install it was just to much money. I got a 5 inch outlet black tip and 50 series big block muffler for $160. Local shop said they can weld both in for $100-$120. I think I will be the first in here to try this muffler on the 3.6.

Attachments

• 20211005_183718.jpg
    20211005_183718.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 15

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I looked into the oem dual exhaust and after seeing what it would cost for that, the cut out bumper, and install it was just to much money. I got a 5 inch outlet black tip and 50 series big block muffler for $160. Local shop said they can weld both in for $100-$120. I think I will be the first in here to try this muffler on the 3.6.
Love to hear how it sounds, video or it didn't happen.

OP
OP
PomptonFresh

PomptonFresh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
It's awesome bro! Only time I hear it is city driving and getting on the highway. Any speed that's constant it's stock.

On a scale from 1 to 10 in sound (1 being stock) it's a 2 or 3 for city and accelerating, and 1 highway.

Sound wise it def has a deeper throatier tone, and a little gargle.

I will say this, I have had magnaflows and flowmasters on alot of other vehicles. They all have a drone at certain rpms, this one doesn't have that at all. Also when you smash the pedal they roar, this one just lets you know (Hey i'm not stock). It was exactly what I was looking for, esp since I tow my boat alot, and do alot of driving.

grahamgraham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I'm currently looking for exhaust for my 3.6l. Was this a direct bolt, or did you have to get creative?

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the 50 series delta flow for mine with 2.5" dual tail pipes. Can't wait to get it installed!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963