Flowmaster American Thunder- Moderate Sound Muffler on 2018 Hydro Blue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just swapped out the OEM muffler with this Flowmaster 817568
Direct-fit Muffler 409S - American Thunder® - Moderate Sound.

It does mae a little growl inside the cabin when you step on it but not bad at all. No drone so far and I pretty sure it will not happen with it.

I have two video clips and hope to add more next week if you guys need it.

Cold Start:

Rev's:

WilliamF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good. How hard would the install be for someone who's never seen the underside of a truck before? What do i need? Thanks!

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds good. How hard would the install be for someone who's never seen the underside of a truck before? What do i need? Thanks!

When I did my Flowmaster outlaw direct fit the only real pain was getting the stock muffler off and lining up the tailpipes. Some sockets, a mallet, some WD40, and an extra pair of hands to help get everything lined up is really all you need.

Southernrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I swapped mine out by myself. Best piece of advice is follow the directions! Make sure to spray ALL the hangers as this will be the source of most your struggle. Exhaust sounds great. I left the resonators on and don't have any sound issues in eco mode.