Flowmaster - Outlaw or FlowFX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Since they are both out now, I'm wondering which to get. Apparently they both are direct fit. I'm guessing the only difference is the Outlaw is louder? That's what I'm going for and since I'm not going catback just yet, I want a pretty good sounding result until I do. Since I'm not taking anything out, I'll have three resonators to fight to get the sound I am looking for. Anyone have an outlaw or the flowfx installed and can say just how good they sound?

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I went with the Outlaw.
With the dual resonators still in place it isn't obnoxiously loud, but a bit growlier than the sound bytes I've heard of the FlowFX.
It's definitely better than a muffler delete pipe IMO.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have it as well. Love the sound. Had mine welded on instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Correct. No modifications needed. My buddy owns a muffler shop so I chose to have it welded to avoid any possible leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
This weekend I was hanging with my buddies.
One has a F250 5.4L King Ranch with catback straight pipes.
The other has a 5.3L Silverado with the same set-up.
They both thought mine was straight piped!
It was quieter than theirs at idle but when you step on it the Hemi really rumbles!

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Put mine on Saturday. Definitely love it and glad I didn't go with the Flow FX. I thought it'd actually be a bit louder but I think it's just right. With three resonators it isn't going to be extremely loud but it definitely gets attention now. I may look into a resonator delete but that's up ahead in the future. I'm good on how it sounds for now. It's like you said, it's relatively calm at idle but once you feed it, it definitely makes itself known. Sounds great.

SirMarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm reviving this thread a bit.
I traded my '16 RAM Express for a '21 Big Horn Night Edition.
I had the FlowFX on my '16 and loved it. The truck was black so I got the black tips as well.
Now with this new truck, the exhaust tips are already black, perfectly centered in the bumper and everything. I'd rather not mess with that placement so much. On my '16 they just didn't sit perfect in the bumper cutouts. I was thinking of just getting the Outlaw muffler and swapping that out, leaving the stock tail pipes with the black tips. It also saves me a little coin.
I know some of you have done this. How do you like it over a full cat back swap?
I'm mainly just looking to get more sound so it sounds how a truck should.

SirMarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I put on my Outlaw muffler last night. Here is my first impressions.
Back story. As mentioned above I have a 2016 Express that I put a full cat-back FlowFX on. It was loud and sounded really good. At times it was a bit too loud while driving but hey, it's a truck and it should be loud.
First start up on my 2021. It wasn't as loud as I was expecting. I think a lot has to be due to the fact that I kept the factory exhaust pipes and resonators. But it did wake it up a lot over stock. WOT it sounds great. It has a nice tone that is not deafening going down the road.
This morning when I started it, it seemed a lot louder this time. Sounds great while driving.
Overall I would recommend this to anyone.