Foam cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So a few weeks back I bought a foam cannon from chemical guys and finally got to use it on Monday. So far I’m only slightly more impressed with it than I was with the cheap eBay one my wife got me for Christmas. I watch all these videos on YouTube and they foam there vehicles and they literally have mounds of foam on their vehicles. Mine just has what I would describe as a soapy mist. Does anyone have any insight in how to use these things properly? I’m at a loss and would love it to work “as advertised”.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
do you have a good gas powered pressure washer? How much soap are you putting in the bottle vs how much water? What soap are you using? On my amazon one the adjustment knob on top seems to work backwards from what it says it should do (did you adjust that full both ways and work back)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
This is the foam I was getting when I first got it and didn’t realize the adjustment was backwards.

3663B9BC-446D-4054-8CEA-BCE89846D257.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have an amazon one too and it took a bit of adjusting at first. It depends on your power washer and soap though
Post a picture of the results you're getting that way we can tell you what would need to be adjusted.

OP
OP
Srt-cummins

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man I would be ecstatic if mine looked as good as yours. Makes me feel like mine is even more pathetic. As far as equipment I have a 2600 psi 2.3 gallon per minute pressure washer and I’m using either Adams foaming shampoo or this time chemical guys watermelon snofoam. Each of them I used (rough estimation here) about 1-2oz of soap and filled the bottle up with water. The chemical guys cannon I just bought is the big mouth version.

I tried adjusting the knob but didn’t noticed a difference. Now maybe I was turning it too fast but I dunno. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures but I used it on my truck and then my wife’s car and got the same lackluster results. I assumed it had to be me...lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Try a little more soap per water ratio and make sure you shake it good before spraying.

The soaps you are using are good soaps and both will foam well. In that picture I was using chemical guys honeydew snow foam.

The picture below was a buddies car with a different amazon $17 foam cannon and he was using Adams car shampoo(the blue stuff). It was my pressure washer for reference.

E00E6F17-9972-49B8-8975-22B469CB216A.jpeg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Just looked and my pressure washer is 3000 psi and 2.6 gpm

cbacarisse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Adams Polishes foam cannon and use the Adams purple shampoo. My pressure washer is gas powered 3000psi and I do get the foam as they show on youtube videos. I find that you have to shake the hell out of the soap/water mixture to get it to foam right though.

I also have the Chemical Guy's foam gun and it's just pointless.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I have an Adams as well, as soon as mother nature leaves, I will wash it with it :D

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The one I got looks just like the Adams one, but I got it on amazon for half the price.

Pretty sure the chemical guys foam cannons are just MTM foam cannons which can also be found on amazon but for about the same price.

OP
OP
Srt-cummins

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll hafta get it out soon and try it again. Its trying to rain now so maybe tomorrow when I’m off.

I only went with the chemical guys because they had a 25% off sale and I got it for about $60. I figured I’d try there snofoam at the same time because it was drastically cheaper than Adams foaming. I think I gave $22 dollars for a gallon of watermelon and the Adams 16oz I think is $15-20. I like the Adams stuff but damn is it hard on the wallet.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The snowfoam is great and price vs Adams is why I also bought it. I’m an Adams fan but some products seem to be a little overpriced imo. I do want to try their ultra foam, but even when it’s on sale it’s still more expensive than snowfoam

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thanks for that. That long wand from my pressure washer was driving me freaking nutz...
Don’t buy from that link though. That’s why I said similar lol. The connection on the bottom of that link is threaded not a male quick connect.

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
What is your water like? Here, well water, hard with calcium and lime, it affect's how much foam, generally. I have a 3000psi washer, no cannon, have to use a 8 oz of liquid car soap. to get suds in a bucket. The rinse is my problem, even if I dry right away, it leaves horrible spots on the glass and chrome.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
This is the one I bought. Maybe that is the only difference. Best part it was $13 on prime at the time

89CA5E09-78E5-4C32-8537-60E7836220E1.jpeg
9E01CC57-CA92-42AC-9DCB-CFBBE6070CBE.jpeg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
What is your water like? Here, well water, hard with calcium and lime, it affect's how much foam, generally. I have a 3000psi washer, no cannon, have to use a 8 oz of liquid car soap. to get suds in a bucket. The rinse is my problem, even if I dry right away, it leaves horrible spots on the glass and chrome.
I’m on well water but I do have a water softener

OP
OP
Srt-cummins

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I’ve been thinking about getting a new head with no wand. Not for this but if it makes it work better, hey, just another excuse...lol.

I have well water as well. One of the biggest reasons I like the Adams products is it helps to remove the water spots.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yeah I’ve been thinking about getting a new head with no wand. Not for this but if it makes it work better, hey, just another excuse...lol.

I have well water as well. One of the biggest reasons I like the Adams products is it helps to remove the water spots.
Even with a water softener my water can leave bad water spots. I rush with the snow foam and have been wondering if the Adams ultra foam would help with that