Foam cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdvirgin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel 3.0
I just want to say I'm envious of you guys being able to wash your cars at home. I'm not even in an HOA, my city busts my balls if any soapy water makes it to the gutter...
I'm between radical environmentalists and water shortages...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I just want to say I'm envious of you guys being able to wash your cars at home. I'm not even in an HOA, my city busts my balls if any soapy water makes it to the gutter...
I'm between radical environmentalists and water shortages...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Get the he’ll outta Cali!!!

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
You know when you pull your wash mitt out of a fresh bucket of suds and make that first pass across you paint. Imagine that for every pass when you cover the car in suds from a foam cannon. Not only is it just straight up fun to play with it’s putting lubrication between your wash mitt and you paint. Is it necessary? no, is it a no touch wash? No, Do all your neighbors come over and ask what it that? Yes, does it save time? Absolutely

Clean Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So a few weeks back I bought a foam cannon from chemical guys and finally got to use it on Monday. So far I’m only slightly more impressed with it than I was with the cheap eBay one my wife got me for Christmas. I watch all these videos on YouTube and they foam there vehicles and they literally have mounds of foam on their vehicles. Mine just has what I would describe as a soapy mist. Does anyone have any insight in how to use these things properly? I’m at a loss and would love it to work “as advertised”.

Clean Diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Other than making your vehicle really foamy does it actually clean any better?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Other than making your vehicle really foamy does it actually clean any better?

You are still in control of how well you're going to clean. So does it clean better? It may get soap in an area you wouldn't normally get soap using standard practices.

Does it save time? YES.

Can you foam the truck let it sit for a couple minutes and rinse? Yes.
---Will that clean it? A little bit.

Is a foam cannon a requirement do getting an ultra clean ride? NO.

Anytime you wash a vehicle and spend time cleaning you are in control of the outcome.

A foam cannon is a tool. Some people know how to use tools and some don't

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to clarify for those who still aren’t quite sure.
The foam cannon is a prewash. It reduces the swirl marks in your paint. If you just use a wash mitt or sponge etc on dirty paint, it puts tiny scratches in the clear coat.
The foam cannon is so much lubricant that your less likely to dig into the paint with any grit on your mitt. Also you don’t need to add much if any pressure to scrub the dirt off, it just wipes clean.

And yes it looks awesome while you do it!

I say add 9 more pages of foamy goodness!!!

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don’t buy from that link though. That’s why I said similar lol. The connection on the bottom of that link is threaded not a male quick connect.

Ended up grabbing a male quick connect from Lowe's to attach to my gun. Don't have to deal with my cannon swinging around at the end of the wand anymore! That alone made me not want to use it ..

IMG_20190601_133204929.jpg

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ended up grabbing a male quick connect from Lowe's to attach to my gun. Don't have to deal with my cannon swinging around at the end of the wand anymore! That alone made me not want to use it ..

View attachment 168263
Good call I still have the 3 foot ****** on mine because the concrete cleaner attachment I use pretty regularly. I’ve been meaning to buy a new gun just for washing cars but have been on the fence to justifying a new power washer for cars. And my big gas powered one for the house maintenance

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Good call I still have the 3 foot ****** on mine because the concrete cleaner attachment I use pretty regularly. I’ve been meaning to buy a new gun just for washing cars but have been on the fence to justifying a new power washer for cars. And my big gas powered one for the house maintenance
Buy JUST a new gun...that’s what I did

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well, might need to take one step back here. I knew that transaction went way too smooth, it was just too easy. Just went to clip it in and the female end of my cannon doesn't fit in that quick connect. Lol. Will go back tomorrow and see if they have a larger female end that just so happens to possibly have the right thread size to go in my cannon!

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Well, might need to take one step back here. I knew that transaction went way too smooth, it was just too easy. Just went to clip it in and the female end of my cannon doesn't fit in that quick connect. Lol. Will go back tomorrow and see if they have a larger female end that just so happens to possibly have the right thread size to go in my cannon!

I went down that road with the concrete attachment and literally have 7 quick connects sitting in my shed. That’s why I kinda gave up when it came time to change out for the foam cannon. I went to an ace hardware with the tip from the cannon and went through everything they had.

Good luck

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went down that road with the concrete attachment and literally have 7 quick connects sitting in my shed. That’s why I kinda gave up when it came time to change out for the foam cannon. I went to an ace hardware with the tip from the cannon and went through everything they had.

Good luck

I have a bad feeling this is going to be like that time I had to get couplers to put in my catch can, it was a nightmare. I'm spending five minutes at 1 store, if they don't have it, I'm ordering a different gun to attach to my cannon!

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to need a 1/2" female end with the right size thread to fit in the cannon. Pretty crazy considering everything I have with quick connects is 3/8" and just about everything they sell at the store is 3/8", yet they only sell a stand alone 1/2" quick connect. Didn't see that coming.

I'm sure by the time all is said and done I will have attached so many adapters I'll have built a wand and be back to square one.

Like I said, 5 minutes, 1 store, or I'm ordering a different gun for the cannon. Can't help but laugh about how rediculous this is!

IMG_20190601_212235648.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Not quite sure why I would want to do this foam thing. I like touching my truck. Lol
Oh you can , as soon as you foam it, grab them washing mits and wipe her down :)

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I'm going to need a 1/2" female end with the right size thread to fit in the cannon. Pretty crazy considering everything I have with quick connects is 3/8" and just about everything they sell at the store is 3/8", yet they only sell a stand alone 1/2" quick connect. Didn't see that coming.

I'm sure by the time all is said and done I will have attached so many adapters I'll have built a wand and be back to square one.

Like I said, 5 minutes, 1 store, or I'm ordering a different gun for the cannon. Can't help but laugh about how rediculous this is!

View attachment 168290

Hahahahaha I miss real hardware stores where the people there knew what they had and how to get it. They are so few and far between anymore it’s crazy. 25-30 years ago you could walk into a hardware store with the threaded nipple and they would hand you the correct adapter or say come back tomorrow and I’ll have one for you.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hahahahaha I miss real hardware stores where the people there knew what they had and how to get it. They are so few and far between anymore it’s crazy. 25-30 years ago you could walk into a hardware store with the threaded nipple and they would hand you the correct adapter or say come back tomorrow and I’ll have one for you.

Well, I got it all situated. About $20 bucks for all those brass fittings/adapters. I'll admit, it took me about 15 minutes to go through everything and nail it down. But hey, I only went to 1 store and at least the wand is longer than all that crap I pieced together to make it work.

Conclusion: Just buy another gun to hook up to the cannon!

IMG_20190603_154531271.jpg