Fob key blanks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saboken

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been trying to find a key blank for my 2012 Ram 2500 the dealership says just a key is not available? I don't want to keep pulling the key out of the fob each time I want to lock or unlock the tailgate. If the truck had a power lock for the tailgate it would be nice, the reason is I'm towing a camper around the country and have a expensive Honda Inverter generator in the bed, it's the big one over 100 lbs! I do have a heavy cable attached to it and the Gooseneck chain loop, I know it's not going to stop someone that really wants to steal it but it will definitely slow them down if the tailgate is locked and they have to also cut a lock. And lift the heavy generator over the side. Anyone know if a regular key blank is available? I used to work for a locksmith years ago I can't believe there's not a blank available without the Fob clip. Maybe Ram has made it illegal to sell them?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went to our local locksmith and had a key made. I carry that on my key ring, and never have to remove the little key from the fob.

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Both times I had my 2011 1500 at the dealership they gave me a cut metal key for the door locks. And I also had a spare made for the door locks at my local Home Depot.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
ACE Hardware, will cut you a key
They also sell FOBs & program them too

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Home depot key #19, I think walmart key number is the same. 19R2 if you want the plastic on the head of the key. You can also tell them your vehicle is a 2001 or 2007 Jeep Wrangler, same key.