FOB NOT DETECTED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife has a 2019 5th Gen RAM 1500 Big Horn 4wd, that continually tells her/us "FOB NOT DETECTED and or FOB HAS LEFT THE VEHICLE". Has or is anyone dealing with this same issue? The truck has been in the dealership garage for the past 9 days, and they told me just a few minutes ago on the phone that they do not know whats wrong or causing this issue. Has anyone had this happen and if so were you able to get the issue resolved?...(garage was mandated by Chrysler to change out the shark antenna and both FOB's, with no luck - WELL DUH!)

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Shark antenna has Nothing to do with the FOB's (it's for the uconnect). Given that do you have another dealer you can go to? Obviously this one doesn't know what they are doing if they thought that was related.
RF hub is what communicates to the remotes and there are antennas in the doors, and rear of the cab for it. (going off the 4th gen but 5th should be very similar)

OP
OP
Jeff Strader

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shark antenna has Nothing to do with the FOB's (it's for the uconnect). Given that do you have another dealer you can go to? Obviously this one doesn't know what they are doing if they thought that was related.
RF hub is what communicates to the remotes and there are antennas in the doors, and rear of the cab for it. (going off the 4th gen but 5th should be very similar)

I told them that as well. Ive been working on vehicles for over 30 years. The Garage Supervisor claimed they have to follow procedures implemented by Chrysler in order for them to get paid by the warranty company. I told them day 1 that it was the RF Hub ( I got the deer in the headlight stare).............I am not a happy RAM owner. Contemplating selling it and going to GMC.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My wife has a 2019 5th Gen RAM 1500 Big Horn 4wd, that continually tells her/us "FOB NOT DETECTED and or FOB HAS LEFT THE VEHICLE". Has or is anyone dealing with this same issue? The truck has been in the dealership garage for the past 9 days, and they told me just a few minutes ago on the phone that they do not know whats wrong or causing this issue. Has anyone had this happen and if so were you able to get the issue resolved?...(garage was mandated by Chrysler to change out the shark antenna and both FOB's, with no luck - WELL DUH!)

We sincerely apologize for the trouble, @Jeff Strader. Please know that our team here is a private message away and we are more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you address this with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

T-Unit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you have any installed aftermarket led bulbs in your car?

I have had the same issue. Could it really be the cab break light? I have heard this before....

T-Unit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I switched out the Lasfit Led break light...So far...that worked..Mind blown!

rdscott716

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Did you ever get any resolution on your Key FOB not detected? My 2019 Ram has been in the shop 4x and they still can't figure it out. They replaced the RF hub, truck battery, FOB batteries, replaced the anetenna in the rear door and still can't detect key fob. I can start it but have to always use the fob to press the button; sometimes that doesn't work and I have to lock and unlock the doors then press the fob to the button and it will start. Now dealer is wanting to get into the wiring of the truck and trouble shoot it. I'm not crazy about this idea that it maybe in the shop a very long time and feel like they will fix one thing only to have another go wrong possibly. any feedback is much appreciated! Oh and there has been no aftermarket products added to the truck. Just randomly starting doing it.