Fob prevented door lock with dome light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No complaint, just a share. Earlier today, my dashlights auto-dimmed. So, I adjusted the dimmer switch to brighten them up. Apparently, I moved the dimmer into the "dome light on" position, but I didn't notice.

I went to the store, and tried to lock my door with the fob. It would not lock. Hmmm....thirteen year old fob, maybe it needs a new battery.

Changed the battery...the door would not lock. I noticed, though, when I was approaching the truck the dome light was on. Hmm...why? Then, I remember I futzed with it earlier. I checked it, and sure enough it was all the way over past the detents.

I rotated it back towards center, closed the door, and tested the fob. The doors locked.

I unlocked the doors with the fob, and rotated the dimmer switch all the way over to dome lights on. Closed the door, and the doors would not lock with the fob. Moved the dimmer away from dome on, and the doors locked.

Anyway, that's all.