Fog Light Issue. PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tvaughn17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My truck is having an issue I am struggling to find answers for. I recently bought new LEDs fog lights to go in my truck. The truck before has has LEDs and has had the computer flashed. However, the trucks driver side fog went out some time ago, and thought it was nothing more than a bad bulb.

I replaced both a few days ago. Passenger side works fine, but the driver side will not turn on. I checked the connection running directly to the light. A little rusty, but not too crazy. I swapped it out for a new one, and plugged it in. Nothing.

Then, I started to wonder if my wires were shot. Still, corrosion but nothing serious. Cleaned it up real good, reconnected it, and again, nothing. Now I'm running up and down my harness looking for anything. I pulled the terminals out of the connectors going to the main harness, still nothing.

I checked with a voltmeter, I have power running to the passenger light, but not the driver. I checked for a bad ground, that all checks out. I am not getting any volts going to my driver side. I am stumped, might just bite the bullet and take it in.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My truck is having an issue I am struggling to find answers for. I recently bought new LEDs fog lights to go in my truck. The truck before has has LEDs and has had the computer flashed. However, the trucks driver side fog went out some time ago, and thought it was nothing more than a bad bulb.

I replaced both a few days ago. Passenger side works fine, but the driver side will not turn on. I checked the connection running directly to the light. A little rusty, but not too crazy. I swapped it out for a new one, and plugged it in. Nothing.

Then, I started to wonder if my wires were shot. Still, corrosion but nothing serious. Cleaned it up real good, reconnected it, and again, nothing. Now I'm running up and down my harness looking for anything. I pulled the terminals out of the connectors going to the main harness, still nothing.

I checked with a voltmeter, I have power running to the passenger light, but not the driver. I checked for a bad ground, that all checks out. I am not getting any volts going to my driver side. I am stumped, might just bite the bullet and take it in.
What kind of truck are we talking about? Year/Make/Model??

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did it work when you first installed? Try pulling the battery and reconnect after 5 minutes.