Fog light problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Okay, my fog lights on my 2016 Big Horn were getting "bouncy" and upon inspection, the adjustment holes were worn out. So, ordered a replacement set, installed them without any issues, and now the passenger side is not working.
Yes, both were working before I did the install. Did not remove any wiring, other than unplugging the lamps from each side. Tried different bulbs, including the original. No dice. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to replace the wiring harness that powers both lights. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, my fog lights on my 2016 Big Horn were getting "bouncy" and upon inspection, the adjustment holes were worn out. So, ordered a replacement set, installed them without any issues, and now the passenger side is not working.
Yes, both were working before I did the install. Did not remove any wiring, other than unplugging the lamps from each side. Tried different bulbs, including the original. No dice. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to replace the wiring harness that powers both lights. Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks.

Did you try reversing polarity. Never know they could have the wiring backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, I didn't. Might be worth a try, but the crazy thing was that they worked before I disconnected the plug the first time.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, I didn't. Might be worth a try, but the crazy thing was that they worked before I disconnected the plug the first time.

I guess the better question is what kind of housing/bulb are you installing or did you just replace the bracket? I default to Morimoto fogs since thats what I have. Did you install anything after market at all? Harness bulbs housings etc. take a test light or meter and trace it back until you find power.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Also check inside the male connector itself make sure metal inside didn’t bend or break away. Check fuses/relays also. It should be the same for both fog lights but I’ve seen weirder things.

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess the better question is what kind of housing/bulb are you installing or did you just replace the bracket? I default to Morimoto fogs since thats what I have. Did you install anything after market at all? Harness bulbs housings etc. take a test light or meter and trace it back until you find power.

Can't remember the brand right off hand, but they were replacement housings and bulbs. Driver side works with no issues. However, even if I plug in the original housing/bulb it does not work. Will get a multimeter after it.

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Checked everything, cleaned it with contact cleaner. No idea why it's not working. I think there is something messed up in the wiring harness. Found one and ordered it to try.

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New OEM wiring jumper came in today. Replaced the old one, and fog lights are working exactly as they should be. Glad to have all my lights working again!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45