Fog lights on a tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Procharged392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 19 ram tradesman w/o fogs and was hoping someone knew some secrets about installing factory ones from a higher trim or a cab and chassis ram. Not sure if it’s possible but I’m hoping someone can shed some light.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i have been reading up in that as i also just bought a new Tradesman it appears that even though we can add the switch that has the push button for the fog lights, and despite the wiring up in the engine compartment, there is no way to flash the code to allow the switch to operate the fog lights. Fog lights were not an option for the Tradesman models so there is no way to add the code even if you buy the handheld coder. Maybe somebody else here has figured out a way to do it, but it appears that the only option is to use one of your auxiliary switches to run the fog lights.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an SXT (ST, with options), which is basically a tradesman. It came with fogs. But in respect to assigning codes, I added tow mirrors, and the dealer had no problem adding the sales codes for puddle and signals on the mirror.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be able to enable fog lights with alfaobd, you may have to run the fog light wires up to the BCM, if the wiring is not there behind the bumper, but all of the different trim level trucks use the same BCM unless they changed something on the '19 trucks

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I have a 2020 Tradesman that the fog light area in the bumber has a plastic cap in it and the interior light knob has the fog light pusher with the LED indicator for it being on and off, however, without the lights its useless. not sure if just taking the caps out and putting the lights in would work or if it would be a coding issue like tron67j said.