Fog lights on an ST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My dodge is just a base model dodge but my goal is to make it one of the nicest base models around. I added new black bumpers and when ibwas on the front I found wires right were the hole where the fog lights should go I of came stock with them. It has the plastic peice there right now but it has the plug an everything for the fog lights and I was wondering if it would be possible to install fog lights fairly cheap an how it would connect to my dash or however that works any ideas?

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
my truck didnt come with fogs either and is also a base model, but now i do have fogs
youll need the switch for the dash, a wiring harness, and lastly the fogs themselves
with no prior car experience, i did it alone in about thirty minutes lol
its a super easy install

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If you have the plug there already you might be able to get away with not getting a wiring harness. Just get the switch off ebay and some fogs. Mount them bad boys up and put your switch in (factory headlight switch with the fog control)

I know on the 06 and up...if your truck didn't have fog lights, you will have to have the truck reflashed by the dealer to let your PCM know you have fogs. On the 02-05s I'm not sure if you will. So if they don't work when you install them don't freak out, have your truck reflashed

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
mines an 05 and it was really as simple as plugging everything in and BAM! the truck looks way cooler at night haha

but yeah check to see if you have just a wire hanging down on the drivers side. if this is the case, then you WILL need the wiring harness that is included in the kit i posted a link to.
if there are two wires, one on each side, then its just the switch and lights that you need.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My '02 was an ST as well. When I traded it in is was an SLT. Leather, power everything, and fogs. I got a kit similar to the one Night Hawk posted. Worked great!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did the same thing. Big difference in light!!!

OP
OP
jamestaylor47

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is the plug under my right side to the bumper bracket
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337368269.130522.jpg
And this is what my switch looks like
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337368303.400188.jpg
And then this is dangling on my left side right beside the other plug looks links some sort of scencer just curious to what it is.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337368396.183552.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337368410.501732.jpg

OP
OP
jamestaylor47

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So the harness just plugs from the plug on my driver side to both fog lights and done?

OP
OP
jamestaylor47

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ordered!!! Thanks bud. I'll show some before and Afters when they arrive

Crod05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 ST
Engine
4.7L magnum V8
Need ya'll help please

I have a 02 single cab st. I bought the whole mopar fog light kit. My only problem is i cant find the switch thats supposely already on truck to connect harness. Ive looked everywhere. There is this black plug thats located on the bottom on the battery box, connect to a plastic plug that seems more of protector for it. Is that it? Havnt tried to plug it in to see if it is. But if i do and if it works then only one side would be able to reach one fog light and wil be too short to reach the right side, so thats why im skeptical if its it. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks!

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Since it's an ST it's likely you don't have it and will have to get a separate switch in order to make it work so you will have to turn it on separately than your headlights. I am currently trying to find the part number to get the factory wiring harness for this price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I have a 02 single cab st. I bought the whole mopar fog light kit. My only problem is i cant find the switch thats supposely already on truck to connect harness. Ive looked everywhere. There is this black plug thats located on the bottom on the battery box, connect to a plastic plug that seems more of protector for it. Is that it? Havnt tried to plug it in to see if it is. But if i do and if it works then only one side would be able to reach one fog light and wil be too short to reach the right side, so thats why im skeptical if its it. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks!

Since you bought the factory kit, just follow the instructions and install the complete kit. When I installed a kit on 2002 ST none of the factory fog light wiring was there so I had to install everything.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Since you bought the factory kit, just follow the instructions and install the complete kit. When I installed a kit on 2002 ST none of the factory fog light wiring was there so I had to install everything.

Did you install a toggle switch or is it set up to your factory headlight switch?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio