For a mono sub amp. Is it fine just to tap the speaker level input from one side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 with the non-Alpine system. I just ordered 6 aftermarket speakers to replace the OEM ones. I'm pretty sure I'm going to want a under the rear seat subwoofer too. So, I'm going to look for a mono amp with speaker level inputs. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to just tapping both speaker level inputs off of one of the rear door speakers? Would that cause any kind of imbalance with the rears only going off of one?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can and you likely wont notice most of the time. Most notes that a subwoofer would play are usually recorded in mono "usually" Sometimes they will play in stereo and thats where you will notice some issues with the subwoofer not playing. It really only takes 5 more minutes to pull from the other side for your source wire to do it proper

OP
OP
Matts175

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK. That's what I'll do then. Both sides. No big deal. Thanks!!