For those that don't think the cabin air filter mod is worth it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigkyle72

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 and 2017
Engine
5.9 and 6.7
I just confirmed with my service department, 2017 and up, all trim levels have the cabin air filter

NL74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just confirmed with my service department, 2017 and up, all trim levels have the cabin air filter
I will confirm, I just checked and now have to get a new filter. My 17 Express HAS an in cabin filter

NL74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For some reason mine only seems to get half used. Meaning half of my filter doesn't seem to have the outside dirty air running through it.8d14c571bb5b7dd7cfca0a8f46d3cb63.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I just checked to see if my 17 Express has one, and it does. FYI, my stock filter I just pulled out, looks just like yours. Only about 2/3 of the filter was dirty

Burnstork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
For those that don't think the cabin air filter mod is worth it check this...

Thanks for the info. I thought those were only to filter the air you breathe so couldn't think of a reason to change it. Now I will!
img_1403.jpg

...this is after about 15,000 miles and a little more than a year's time. I actually don't go off road as much as I'd like to so this is probably about 90% street driving. Imagine all that caked on your AC condenser and then, figure after two or three more cycles like this, what your condenser would look like. My understanding is that you have to practically tear the entire dash out to get to the condenser to replace it. A $12 filter every year or so sounds cheap to me. (BTW - I bent it up a little getting it out. It was structurally ok before I removed it.)

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to Sin city! I wish I could say u get used to it but u don't. You just learn to tolerate it. If ur looking for an upside the humidity is very low at least. With some dark tint and the ram a/c going ur truck will keep u cool.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk