Found a 21 rebel that looks nice, but recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splattered23

Reaction score
My 2013 F150 FX4 needs a couple things done to it (turbo work and small coolant leak) and the dealership handed me a big fat 4k estimate to fix the issues so i've been looking at all sorts of trucks and considering trading mine in. Was thinking of sticking with Ford but kinda thinking i may give dodge a shot this time around? There are some 22 Laramie's near me with the eTorque and Southwest packages that are fairly loaded (just learned from this site they don't include blind spot warning tech - oof) otherwise i like the package for around 56k before negotiations. And then just now i found a 21 rebel that looks super nice with running boards, level 2 group, tow package, tech package w 12" screen. They are asking about 62k before negotiations. I called them to see if they had it on the lot and according to the salesman yes they have it, but there is an open recall and they aren't allowed to sell it yet. He's supposed to call me back once they are cleared to sell it. I just googled and only thing i may have found was for a side airbag recall? Is the 21 with the packages i listed worth 62k (or less) or am i better off waiting for a 22 rebel? The laramie is still appealing to me too ... arghh i dunno haha

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not privy to any 2021 Rebel recalls, but I don't own a Rebel. Is it a quad cab or crew cab? Which engine does it have? 4x2 or 4x4? I assume it's new old stock? I would think that any recall that affects a Rebel would also affect other trim levels. To date I don't know of any recalls for my 2021 Limited (crew cab). Ask them for the recall number, or at least what the recall is for. $62k MSRP sounds reasonable for a new '21 Rebel you described, if it also has the Hemi, crew cab, and 4x4.

The issue with going with a '22 is it's hard to know for sure that you will get everything you want. With the chip and other shortages, option packages are changing quite often. And things can change from when you place an order to when they start the actual build.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Can you get the VIN? if so look it up on the website. It will tell you what recalls it has. You can do this with any vehicle as long as you have the VIN.

OP
OP
S

Splattered23

Reaction score
Ah thanks for the VIN advice, it didn't seem to want to work on the mopar site but KBB pulled it up no problem.

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID:
21V918000
Report Date:
Nov 23, 2021

Consequence:
A rearview camera that does not display an image reduces the driver's rear view, increasing the risk of a crash.

What You Should Do:
The remedy is currently under development. Interim owner notification letters were mailed on January 19, 2022. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed in January 2022. Owners may contact FCA US, LLC customer service at 1-800-853-1403. FCA US, LLC's number for this recall is Y80.

Summary:
Chrysler (FCA US, LLC) is recalling certain 2021 Ram 1500 pickup trucks. The Trailer Reverse Steering Control Module (TRSCM) may prevent the rearview image from displaying. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, "Rear Visibility."

Here is the short summary on the listing:

Maximum Steel Metallic Clearcoat 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 4WD 8-Speed Automatic HEMI 5.7L V8 Multi Displacement VVT eTorque

Also lists the Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group, Trailer Tow Group, and Technology Group including Digital Rearview Mirror and Heads Up Display.

Not two-tone painted either... looks slick.

Only thing it's missing here i would still want i think is cooled seats?

Last edited:

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
And you can take the VIN to (below) and it will give you towing and payload information :)

Jd3443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L etorque
I wouldn’t be too concerned about that recall. The options on that one sound really good and I like color. I have a 19 Rebel in Maximum Steel with the 5.7 and etorque. I love it!!!!

Attachments

• E4E4737D-106B-4870-B873-BBB185124953.jpeg
    E4E4737D-106B-4870-B873-BBB185124953.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
S

Splattered23

Reaction score
Awesome thanks! And 62k is a decent price? I won't be able to do anything either way until they fix this recall :/

OP
OP
S

Splattered23

Reaction score
And you can take the VIN to (below) and it will give you towing and payload information :)

Neat! Max Payload 1,412lb and Max Towing 11,312

Will be just fine towing my boats and smaller utility trailers haha

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wouldn’t be too concerned about that recall. The options on that one sound really good and I like color. I have a 19 Rebel in Maximum Steel with the 5.7 and etorque. I love it!!!!
Does look good ! What tires are you running ?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ah thanks for the VIN advice, it didn't seem to want to work on the mopar site but KBB pulled it up no problem.

Here is the short summary on the listing:

Also lists the Rebel Level 2 Equipment Group, Trailer Tow Group, and Technology Group including Digital Rearview Mirror and Heads Up Display.

Not two-tone painted either... looks slick.

Only thing it's missing here i would still want i think is cooled seats?
That would explain why that recall doesn't apply to my '21, I don't have the tow package, so no TRSCM. Thanks for posting that, and be sure to post pics of that Rebel if you end up getting it.

retroboomin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks! And 62k is a decent price? I won't be able to do anything either way until they fix this recall :/
from my experience purchasing 2 vehicles in the last 6months sticker mostly stands. No dealers are budging much because of shortage. Or maybe my negotiation skills just arent up to par?

I had a dealer that barely wanted to honor the dodge rebate when i got my 21 WB.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA (ask for Aaron or Sandi ) can get you into a 22 Rebel below invoice, which usually makes it worth the drive or to have the truck shipped to you. I bought my 22 Limited just over a month ago for less than that 21 Rebel (11hr drive each way) ... And that 21 Rebel is well equipped. 22's have wireless Android Auto & Apple Carplay vs wired on the 19-21's.

Laramie with level 2 is often a sweet spot for higher trim features and pricing.

Watch out for "level B" packages that are due to chip shortages and will usually be without blind spot sensors and sometimes without power fold mirrors if that's important to you.

The ram BSS mirrors will have triangle indicator in the glass that lights up. Can't miss it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Splattered23

Reaction score
Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA (ask for Aaron or Sandi ) can get you into a 22 Rebel below invoice, which usually makes it worth the drive or to have the truck shipped to you. I bought my 22 Limited just over a month ago for less than that 21 Rebel (11hr drive each way) ... And that 21 Rebel is well equipped. 22's have wireless Android Auto & Apple Carplay vs wired on the 19-21's.

Laramie with level 2 is often a sweet spot for higher trim features and pricing.

Watch out for "level B" packages that are due to chip shortages and will usually be without blind spot sensors and sometimes without power fold mirrors if that's important to you.

The ram BSS mirrors will have triangle indicator in the glass that lights up. Can't miss it.

Wow awesome thank you! I will google that dealership and see what they have and maybe give them a call. I'm in NW Arkansas so it would probably be quite a drive :p

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Wow awesome thank you! I will google that dealership and see what they have and maybe give them a call. I'm in NW Arkansas so it would probably be quite a drive :p
If they don't have what you want on the lot (or marked down yet), check back every few days due a price drop... Also consider placing a custom order for what you want, they can lock in very aggressive pricing that will make it worth the drive (I drove from SC) ... They are straight forward and above board.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Literally just bought my truck from them as well, great people, simple process, and they did come in well under sticker, I got a 22 Rebel GT from them, would highly recommend.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would personally view the recall as a positive. It's not uncommon for backup cameras to glitch out or not turn on. Usually slamming the tailgate fixes the connection. The fact that they're going back in with a recall to make sure it works properly means you may be better off in the long run. They can't sell the vehicle because as of 2018, all manufactures are required by federal law to have backup cameras and video screens on new vehicles.

My gfs mom just switched a year and a half ago from a lifetime of diehard Ford to a brand new 2020 Ram. I think Laramie trim. She made the switch even though she knew she would have to eat a lot of crow. The Ford ride was simply awful and they of course charge an even more outrageous premium.

Enjoy the Ram if you get it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a fair price IMO (I own a similarly equipped 21 rebel minus etorque plus larger fuel tank and paid close to that a year ago).

Jd3443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L etorque
Rebels unfortunately don’t have cooled seats as an option.