Found out sugar water was put in my gas now it wont start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You are POSITIVE someone sugared your gas? You better "AT LEAST" get a locking gas cap. Not a cheap one,, they will code out. A dealer one.

scout2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
359 Cummins
Well this reply is for Dean2. Duh ! Yes you're correct I don't have that much knowledge about the whole thing that's why I'm asking questions. I'm sure you didn't start out knowing everything either. I tried what I know and before doing anything I wasn't sure on I asked. I debated on even getting on and asking in the first place. However getting different info from people I thought this was the best place. Thank you to everyone else for trying to help. ONE MORE THING I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE AND FIX NUMEROUS THINGS ON VEHICLES. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME DEALING WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM.

You many not have liked what Dean2 said or how he said it, but I would have provided a similar reply.

I'm certainly not going to try to stick words into Dean2's mouth, but what I took from his comments, is that although its fine to ask questions, without a similar level of tools, training, experience, this is not an issue that is going to be solved on an Internet forum, especially from an entry level or jr. level position.

Either way, best of luck getting your vehicle back in running order and back on the road.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You still have not said why you think there sugar in the tank, did you use a dirty gas can?
Have you pulled a line to see if you are getting gas at the fuel rail.
I am thinking you have a bad pump, or plugged line , if crap in the tank.
Running out of gas is a no-no these days.

Siff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The truck didn't start; obviously, it must be sugar. That's what prevents a truck from starting.

The trick is to add salt to balance it out, and it will start right up again. Don't overdo it, 2 cups of salt should be good for a Hemi, or 1 cup for a 3.6.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You still have not said why you think there sugar in the tank, did you use a dirty gas can?
Have you pulled a line to see if you are getting gas at the fuel rail.
I am thinking you have a bad pump, or plugged line , if crap in the tank.
Running out of gas is a no-no these days. ;-)
I think the OP took their marbles and went home. I get the sense they weren't finding this thread very satisfying, supportive or adequately validating of their desire to self identify as a motor head.;)

George N

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to sound rude, but you don't have enough basic knowledge to solve this problem. You aren't providing clear enough symptoms for remote diagnostics and from your follow up questions it is clear you don't know how to apply the suggested fixes and steps. Gas that is not in aerosol form is not going to travel through most throttle bodies. Your truck does not have a timing belt. Running out of gas does not affect the engine timing. Take the truck to a shop, they will most likely get it going in under an hour.
Well this reply is for Dean2. Duh ! Yes you're correct I don't have that much knowledge about the whole thing that's why I'm asking questions. I'm sure you didn't start out knowing everything either. I tried what I know and before doing anything I wasn't sure on I asked. I debated on even getting on and asking in the first place. However getting different info from people I thought this was the best place. Thank you to everyone else for trying to help. ONE MORE THING I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE AND FIX NUMEROUS THINGS ON VEHICLES. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME DEALING WITH THE FUEL SYSTEM.
Amy, Don't you hate those guys who have 33s on their lifted diesel trucks to make up for their small ***** and think they know it all about trucks? Your basic knowledge is just fine. Your extended knowledge might not be your forte, but that is ok. He is a backyard, mister know it all mechanic wannabe. You know what they say "those who can't do, teach."
I applaud you for asking questions and WANTING to learn more! Never be afraid to ask questions, no matter what the bullies say to you.

PS - GET A LOCKING GAS CAP FROM AMAZON FOR TEN BUCKS LIKE I DID.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Amy, Don't you hate those guys who have 33s on their lifted diesel trucks to make up for their small ***** and think they know it all about trucks? Your basic knowledge is just fine. Your extended knowledge might not be your forte, but that is ok. He is a backyard, mister know it all mechanic wannabe. You know what they say "those who can't do, teach."
I applaud you for asking questions and WANTING to learn more! Never be afraid to ask questions, no matter what the bullies say to you.

nobody-worry-the-internet-white-knight-has-arrived.jpg

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yea thats why i put on 37's needed 4 more inches than the 33 guys. Do you have a nice cup of Massengill every morning?

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
The truck didn't start; obviously, it must be sugar. That's what prevents a truck from starting.

The trick is to add salt to balance it out, and it will start right up again. Don't overdo it, 2 cups of salt should be good for a Hemi, or 1 cup for a 3.6.
Oil leaks? I can solve it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1552961953451.jpg
    FB_IMG_1552961953451.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Another thought, if she comes back, have you really checked the fuel pump, to see if it is running? grounds good?