Four wheeling in snow and my dashboard lit up....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, fingers crossed, but since re-seating the fuses, and driving a bit, the codes have cleared and no returned, and moving into and out of 4x4 mode is working normally again.

I appreciate the additional trouble shooting steps shared here.

This may happen to me again and not be so easy to fix. And it may happen to someone else that finds this topic via a search and help them.

For my own education, can you point to where that process is described? I have a cheap odb2 wifi dongle, and a basic smart phone app that lets me see some stuff.
A scan tool such as the Snap On unit, with the correct download will provide you with the accompanying diagnostic procedures for a given fault code.

In lieu of that, the Ram service manual (download through Tech Authority) will have a diagnostic procedure as well and be cheaper too.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 85556 miles

Sol-Invictus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Thanks for the fuse info. My dash also lit up and I got warnings on the app. My 5.7 etorque is only 2 weeks old and I went through every connection I could find and checked them and a couple were not fully seated. Then I went through both fuse boxes. Several loose under the hood and more than half were barley in under the dash. I checked all those under dash connections also. Seems to have resolved the issue. Still have an appointment at the dealer Friday morning to check for codes.