Foxbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYLE J JOHNSTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,

Just wanted to post regarding the installation of my dual 12" Foxbox in my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic.

Box fit like a charm, after adding the seat spacers. Child car seats still fit. Added lift allows rear seats to fold down without cutting the back of them.

Only complaint is that there is no cut-through inside the box to wire the subs in series or parallel. You will have to drill your own hole slightly inside the port.

(2) MTX Thunder 5500 subs sound decent. Amp is also MTX Thunder. Only drawback is using a LOC (LLJ Customs) with the factory head unit. This definitely limits the tuning capability, but it still hits pretty hard.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
From my understanding the pac audio converters do a great job of giving full tuning capabilities. Might consider looking at that if you desire more control.

Stereo is on my list so I'll be looking at fox box thanks to your recommendation!

bohrman44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
how long did it take to get your box? I ordered one and I feel like its gonna be forever to get it.

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
I have the PAC Audio AP4-CH41 (ver. 2) and it’s awesome. It’s given me a flat signal to tune my factory 8.4 inch screen.
I’m still working on tuning it...I’ve added pink noise to a USB drive & I’m going to try and tune it with an oscilloscope multimeter (Liumy on Amazon) before I buy the SMD DD1.

Have you looked into AudioControl’s LC7i? That’s another option but tuning requires a bit more work.

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have the PAC Audio AP4-CH41 (ver. 2) and it’s awesome. It’s given me a flat signal to tune my factory 8.4 inch screen.
I’m still working on tuning it...I’ve added pink noise to a USB drive & I’m going to try and tune it with an oscilloscope multimeter (Liumy on Amazon) before I buy the SMD DD1.

Have you looked into AudioControl’s LC7i? That’s another option but tuning requires a bit more work.

Yeah that lc7I is on my list when I make the move I think. Watching the pros on YouTube CarAudioFabrication and the amazing guys at 5StarCarStereo use and talk about it makes me wanna go that way. I want Apple car play but it's not worth the cost of aftermarket or even an 8.4 replacement. Maybe in the future. But for now having USB will work. Not sure if these radios do Flac or not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
Yeah that lc7I is on my list when I make the move I think. Watching the pros on YouTube CarAudioFabrication and the amazing guys at 5StarCarStereo use and talk about it makes me wanna go that way. I want Apple car play but it's not worth the cost of aftermarket or even an 8.4 replacement. Maybe in the future. But for now having USB will work. Not sure if these radios do Flac or not yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m about to put my never used AudioControl LC7i on the sale forum this weekend with the AudioControl base knob and other never used car audio equipment.

I want to upgrade the radio but the radio I want requires so many other adaptors, wiring kits, etc to the point the price outweighs the Apple CarPlay.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using the Rockford fosgate dsr1 has 32 band eq

farmallboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I’m about to put my never used AudioControl LC7i on the sale forum this weekend with the AudioControl base knob and other never used car audio equipment.

I want to upgrade the radio but the radio I want requires so many other adaptors, wiring kits, etc to the point the price outweighs the Apple CarPlay.

Yeah. I want Apple CP but would want wireless. So the HU Alone is like 800 plus adapters etc. I can Bluetooth new music and I'll have good quality off flash drive or independent iPod in my opinion by staying with the little screen.

What do you want for your lc7I ?