Freedom Off Road adjustable track bar installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 QC. I had it lifted with MotoFab spacers 2 1/2" front and 2" rear. I recently put Rough Country 3" loaded struts up front and 3" spacers in the rear. I also put Bils in the rear. I will say that the struts improved the ride A LOT up front and the same with the Bils in the rear. I installed the 3" rear spacers to get back some rake as it only sat like 3/4" higher in the rear with the 2" spacers and I like it to be raked.

Anyway, I installed the Freedom Off Road adjustable track bar can say that this definitely improved the ride more! Very easy install. There were a few bumps that are in the middle of turns on the highway I take to work that used to unsettle the truck when you hit them at 65-70 even after the struts and shocks upgrade. Those same bumps were real bad with the spacers. Today, with the new track bar and those same bumps, solid. Didn't effect the truck at all.

I'll add pictures later on today, but the bar is definitely way beefier than the stock one, adjusts REALLY easily and looks great.

19warlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks stout, i might need to upgrade mine in the future because it does the same thing going over bumps. I even installed an air ride system this weekend to help out and it is alot smoother going down the road but some of these bumps send it flying. how much did this one run you?

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks stout, i might need to upgrade mine in the future because it does the same thing going over bumps. I even installed an air ride system this weekend to help out and it is alot smoother going down the road but some of these bumps send it flying. how much did this one run you?
$160

Devin Cox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for posting this. I just lifted my 2015 Rebel and the rear was hoping around on bump through turns. This fixed it! The ride is so much better now.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, what is the correct way of setting an adjustable track bar? I'm assuming you unbolt the old one, let the suspension settle. Then install one end and set the length until lines up with the other mount?

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, what is the correct way of setting an adjustable track bar? I'm assuming you unbolt the old one, let the suspension settle. Then install one end and set the length until lines up with the other mount?
I did as you said, then measured from wheel well to outside of tire on each side. Adjusted till it was equal.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Measure anywhere from the frame to the same reference spot on boths sides.
For example:
52944050166_90b5117c81_k.jpg2023-06-01_06-26-31 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

After that, is just simple math, If your passenger side is 20 1/2", and your driver side is 20" you have a 1/2 delta.
Adjust your trackbar longer by 1/4" and that will center your axel nicely.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I should look into this mine likes to move around over expansion joints on the interstate. Four inch lift probably doesn’t help.

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe I should look into this mine likes to move around over expansion joints on the interstate. Four inch lift probably doesn’t help.
I’d recommend it. Rides a lot better with it.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Measure anywhere from the frame to the same reference spot on boths sides.
For example:
View attachment 5223122023-06-01_06-26-31 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

After that, is just simple math, If your passenger side is 20 1/2", and your driver side is 20" you have a 1/2 delta.
Adjust your trackbar longer by 1/4" and that will center your axel nicely.
So you would have to have it jacked up right if you were trying to align?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you would have to have it jacked up right if you were trying to align?
No, do it at ride height. When you raise the truck up and droop the suspension out, the axle will shift to the passenger side.