From Ram to Ridgeline, back to Ram!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im going to look at a Ridgeline tomorrow. I love my Ram but it absolutely kills my back on long trips. I don’t tow anything and have camped twice due to my back.

I had a Pilot (wife’s old car) that I sold and bought my daughter’s civics with the proceeds. Damnit if those civics are more comfortable than my seats.

Anyway...we shall see...lol

Broke my back when I was 15, tailbone is at 90 degree’s got a 40 percent nerve drop in my left leg and I have a nice dull ache that let’s me know I’m alive, lol. So I understand your issue with the seats. Every vehicle I own I have the seat adjusted so the rear of it sits as far down as possible and the front up under the knees raised as high as it can go. If that doesn’t work I put some washers under the front seat bolts to raise up the front or as I have done with my Power Wagon I had the front seat redone with the stiffest foam up front and along the side thigh bolsters and what a difference.
I’m also running 37x12.50x17’s with about 40lbs of air pressure and the ride is great. Any local auto upholstery shop can add the foam up front and contour it to get your knees up a bit and keep your butt planted.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Lol, just couldn’t bring yourself o let it go. Well anyway even if you did you be like a one legged man in ass kickin’ Contest trying to justify it.

Yep. I just couldn’t pull the trigger. The whole experience was just too sterile.

I may or may not have let the Hemi stretch its legs in the parking lot....

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
The Ridgeline is just a car that looks like a truck. The Brat was the same, but more fun. The Ram is really a truck.

Plus, I really think Honda is slipping in the design department. At least the original Ridgeline had interesting design elements. The latest one is just boring.

The Honda engine is nothing to write home about. 4WD system is not to be taken seriously.

Ridgeline: Not a serious truck.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went and looked today. Really liked the interior and it was the top of the line model. I parked next to mine and well, the picture says it all. Too small and a bit underwhelming.

View attachment 243076

My dads F150 seems super small to me compared to the Ram. I could never see my self in any other truck.