Front bumper question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok guys I have a 99 ram sport and I have a question about my front bumper. I like the sport bumper don’t get me wrong but mine is sagging bad and I can get a bumper off of another sport but it’s a chrome bumper I’m not sure what year it is tho. Will the chrome bumper fit my 99 sport??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys I have a 99 ram sport and I have a question about my front bumper. I like the sport bumper don’t get me wrong but mine is sagging bad and I can get a bumper off of another sport but it’s a chrome bumper I’m not sure what year it is tho. Will the chrome bumper fit my 99 sport??

If I’m understanding you right, pretty much any 94-01 chrome bumper will fit your truck but it won’t line up right with your grille. Your grille is curved at the bottom and the chrome grille is straight across at the bottom because the finished chrome bumper doesn’t have that downward dip to it. It’s flat, straight across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
If I’m understanding you right, pretty much any 94-01 chrome bumper will fit your truck but it won’t line up right with your grille. Your grille is curved at the bottom and the chrome grille is straight across at the bottom because the finished chrome bumper doesn’t have that downward dip to it. It’s flat, straight across.

Ok so I’ll have to change the grille to?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so I’ll have to change the grille to?

Unless if someone else who knows different chimes in, I’m afraid you’ll have to replace your grill too if you’re wanting a chrome bumper because if not, your hood won’t close with that non-sport bumper as the bottom of your sport grille will hit the center of the chrome bumper because the top of it’s not concaved downward like your sport bumper is to accommodate it. You can go the other way around; sport bumper with SLT grille but you’d have a fairly large gap in the center of your truck between the middle of the grille and the middle of the bumper but I don’t think you can go the other way unless you replace the grille too.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Unless if someone else who knows different chimes in, I’m afraid you’ll have to replace your grill too if you’re wanting a chrome bumper because if not, your hood won’t close with that non-sport bumper as the bottom of your sport grille will hit the center of the chrome bumper because the top of it’s not concaved downward like your sport bumper is to accommodate it. You can go the other way around; sport bumper with SLT grille but you’d have a fairly large gap in the center of your truck between the middle of the grille and the middle of the bumper but I don’t think you can go the other way unless you replace the grille too.

I see. Well sounds like a bit of trouble but the previous owner of my truck really messed up the sport bumper. The mounts for my fog light r broke it sags pretty bad and the plastic is loose. It’ll be some trouble but I think it may be worth it bc I was told that if I wanted the bumper that if I could take it off I could have it. So I might as well take it to while I’m there

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, might as well. If you still wanted your grille to match your truck, you can always paint that chrome one. You’d just have to google some pics online to see if you want a painted grille with a chrome bumper. Or you could even paint your new bumper too.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Just fix the sag. Pull the bumper off or at least loosen it. There's mounting points in the back that can be adjusted/reset

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Just fix the sag. Pull the bumper off or at least loosen it. There's mounting points in the back that can be adjusted/reset

Well I thought about that but I’m in the process in putting the bumper on now lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock