Front bumper replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anybody replaced their front bumper and kept the original? I hit a pole at Walmart and put a big dent in it. I can't afford a new replacement, shipping is as much as the bumper.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Not terribly hard to replace the bumper, much easier with rhino ramps if you are keeping the original because of low clearance. Do you have factory fogs? I had a chrome one, there was nothing that difficult to remove and put back. If you can hang some rope from the garage roof it makes putting back bumper very easy. The hardest part was dkin with the fender inner liner, there are small bolts that can be challenging, but still very doable.

8348451246_b64f54762a_c.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Too bad that you have a HD Ram

I have both Chrome bumpers, front & rear for a 1500
I think i may have driven 700 miles with them on, no blemishes

You would have been in a perfect location to meet up
because i will not ship

OP
OP
Danny Phillips
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I found a slightly use bumper for $60 and snatched it up. Now I have to change the LH Bumper bracket.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can't afford a $270 bumper? (if you need different lights/color, just re-search)

Note: Check Facebook marketplace too. I see owners swapping their bumpers out for something different ...and selling their old (but good) one locally. Have you called the salvage yards in your area? Has to be 2013 on up and match your fog-light style. There should be several on f/b if you keep your eyes open.

Good luck

Last edited: