Front Camera for 2021 Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hi,

Do you know what parts I would need to add front camera to my Rebel?
I have park assist or something like that, and back up camera.
I also have power manual tow mirrors. But I would like to add front camera.
Prefer factory parts, and no do that cargo thing.

Been searching your web site, but hard to figure out which ones I actually need.

Thanks

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,
I am sorry there is no kit to add this feature and it is unknown if any of the front end wiring is in place already although I doubt this.

-Benny

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the reply. I was figuring, I would have purchase wiring as well.
My thought, and it might be wrong. Is at some point they would be damage or need to be replaced.(for people that actually have them)
So they would have sell/replace the part(s).

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Yes but let me explain further. The camera parts are certainly available but the wiring is not a standalone harness that RAM adds to the truck. The circuits are built into the front end harness and possibly the dash harness as well. If your willing to do some custom wiring I can help with the camera parts. The other thing you'll need to have done is have the sales code option flashed in so that the feature is shown/available.

- Benny

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Cool. Got you. Would you be able to find the parts needs? and pricing.(should mention I'm in Canada if that matters)
If I need make my own cables. That is easy part. I make my own 3D printers for fun.

I figured the hardest would be turning it on. I would need dealer to turn it on? Or is option there and I can just need turn on?
Don't know a lot about Rams and how they are programmed. But I'm guessing, they aren't making 100's of version,
rather just one version, with options turned on and off.

Would it help, if I checked my Truck and see what was actually added and cables?

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
I have attached the parts list for the front cam. There are 3 different jumper harness's and a few brackets available. This appears due to the different grille configurations on the 21 5th gen. Send me your VIN and I will see what the best option would be. XAK seems to be the option code you would need to have added/enabled. Sorry I do not have the answers to your other questions.

- Benny

Attachments

• DT front cam.pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 37

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi, MOPAR
can that be added to a 2019 1500 classic Warlock off hand????

If you have a UAQ radio easiest way is via a Tazer and a universal camera. You can do this for about 400 or less.

- Benny

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Is the truck equipped with a cargo camera aside from the backup camera?

2021Ram3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Following, I'd also like to add a front camera. Since the hoods don't slope anymore and with an aftermarket bumper and winch I'd sure like to see how close I'm getting to the car in front of me. Those little cars almost disappear when I get close!

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also following....2021 Warlock..do we need to go aftermarket for camera and monitor or just a camera and harness to our rear camera hook up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam