Front console lid cover or protector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys!

What (if anything) are you using to keep your console lid from getting scratched into oblivion? I've noticed my dog likes resting her head on this thing, and I can see it getting messy in short order. I realize this thing is a truck, and I do use it for working, but I also use it as my Sunday-go-to-town vehicle too and I'd like to keep it looking decent as long as possible, if reasonably possible.

I've ordered some seat covers but I'm not sure if they are going to come with anything to cover the lid. I'm guessing no, so I'll have to figure that out on my own. I see they have covers if you have a front bench seat, but I have buckets.

Ideas? I thought of putting this in Gen 4, as surely someone over there has thought of a solution, too.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s kind of a unique request. Personally, I’d tell the dog no. I’m a dog lover too but they’re like 3-4 year old kids that need to be shown guidance.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s kind of a unique request. Personally, I’d tell the dog no. I’m a dog lover too but they’re like 3-4 year old kids that need to be shown guidance.
Well, she's 12 years old and I just took her old truck away from her. I don't expect her to have much understanding of these things at this point in her life :D

bigdodge

Reaction score
I've been kinda curious about this as well but for a different reason. I have a small 6lb dog and he likes to sit and stand there but slides too much. I'd like to have a more grippy surface for him. Anyway I'll check back here if I find anything

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a spare towel stored under the rear seat is in order. Just cover the console when she’s in there.

Simple, yet effective. This is what we do for our dog when shes with us.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a spare towel stored under the rear seat is in order. Just cover the console when she’s in there.
Yeah, that's probably my best bet. Although I think I can fashion something else with a little thought.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I use a towel. My dog rides in the back seat and only decides to put his front paws on the console when I get out of the truck at the gas station or something like that. And that's just to see what I'm up to. I use a Duluth Trading cover on the rear seat. But to be honest he'd rather ride around in the Jeep. See avatar

o2cmefly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You can either have nice things, or you can have a dog. You cannot have both. It’s pointless to try.

OP
OP
JD Martin

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can either have nice things, or you can have a dog. You cannot have both. It’s pointless to try.
That's not really true. The back seat area of my Titan still looked great after 15 years and 160k miles. It just takes a little pre-planning and accept that once in a while something will get damaged. But I found by having a plan on my Titan it stayed pretty nice, so I want to have a plan for the Ram.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's not really true. The back seat area of my Titan still looked great after 15 years and 160k miles. It just takes a little pre-planning and accept that once in a while something will get damaged. But I found by having a plan on my Titan it stayed pretty nice, so I want to have a plan for the Ram.

Yeah if you're careful it's certainly doable. I've had our dogs in my last 2 rams a pretty good amount and got top dollar for both when I traded them in. I also take them both in my 66 Buick, just have to be prepared is all.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep a towel on top of my center console at all times, regardless if one of my "children" are in truck or not...Sweat from yer arm depending upon color do a good job also, just saying. But then here it gets to 110 sometimes, lol

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
There are covers out there for the console. They aren't expensive either, you have the right idea, dog is 12, let her enjoy resting on the console...Another option would be to find one at a junk yard and replace it with yours until its not needed anymore, then you can switch back to your new one. Just a thought.

covers.jpg

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Wrong........

My dog rides in my 1969 Camaro, 2016 Jeep, 2016 Corvette Z06 convertible as well as the 2019 Ram Limited. All are pretty dang nice and they all have leather inertiors. He's a Giant Schnoodle so the advantage is he doesn't shed.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

PER WEB SITE, this item does not fit 2019 RAM Gen 5

This doesn't fit a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab Pickup 4-Door 5.7L 345Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated

Mouse over image to zoom
  • Sell it yourself
    Car Truck Center Console Armrest Protector Pad Cover For Dodge Ram Pickup Trucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio