Front differential lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

eyemall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one of those, although mine was made by a company called 4x4 Posi Lok.

Mine's a little fickle to engage/disengage. I suspect possible alignment issues with either the shift fork or the collar. Not sure as I was not the one who installed the kit nor am I sure if this is supposed to be normal.

Whatever the reason, this system, once properly engaged, provides a rock-solid grip on the front axle and the 4x4 will not release under any circumstances unlike what the OEM vacuum-style system likes to do when it starts having component issues.

It's an effective system but being purely mechanical may or may not be a little "touchy." Would I recommend it? Yes, as long as you're patient and willing to learn the ins and outs of such a setup.
I checked out the part you mentioned. I might look into it. My actuator is new, but takes such a long time to engage/disengage. I thought it might be quicker and simpler just to put a manual pull on it.

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing about the posiloc is the placement of the cable.
My foot bumps into it when switching from brake to gas and back n forth.
I only wear a 11 1/2 shoe so that might **** you off.
I used the template supplied with the kit so it should be in the right spot.
If you get the hole off, you will run into issues with the cable and a double fire wall.

bmax1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a posilok on just after I got the truck. Pretty happy with it overall. Just pay attention to cable routing. You'll need a pretty large drill bit or small hole saw for the firewall. Almost 34" as I recall.

FWIW I found my vacuum leak while putting it in.