Front Driver Speaker Sounds Blown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gchalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2022 Ram Bighorn. A couple of weeks ago the front driver side door speaker started sounding like it was blown. Hard to believe as I am 51 years old and don't play music very loud. I did notice this weekend that it seemed to sound worse at lower speeds than at higher speeds. That made me think it might not be the speaker but the actual head unit. I factory reset the stereo yesterday and the problem seemed to correct itself. This morning it came back. I am going to reach out to the dealer but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue so I can guide the dealer and not spend all my time trying to come to a solution.

agc91camp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l Ecodiesel
I have a 2022 Ram Bighorn. A couple of weeks ago the front driver side door speaker started sounding like it was blown. Hard to believe as I am 51 years old and don't play music very loud. I did notice this weekend that it seemed to sound worse at lower speeds than at higher speeds. That made me think it might not be the speaker but the actual head unit. I factory reset the stereo yesterday and the problem seemed to correct itself. This morning it came back. I am going to reach out to the dealer but wanted to know if anyone else had this issue so I can guide the dealer and not spend all my time trying to come to a solution.
I have a 2021 Rebel and it just started doing this. Same driver door speaker sounds distorted. What did you find out?

dsherman26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting, my 2021 does this too. I bought it used and just assumed it was a defect or the previous owner blasted the speaker, but it also seems to come and go. It's the passenger side though, my driver's side sounds fine.

nvecsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 Limited and the front speakers all sound blown. I have had the truck a year and a half and it just started. did anybody find out what the issue is/was?

Otto Matik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2022 Bighorn with the base 6-speaker package new early this year. As of the last couple of weeks, I have noticed the same thing. Driver front speaker sounds blown/distorted. But it comes and goes. (Per trip, not randomly while driving). It only seems to be the low end as well when it occurs (confirmed when directing the audio to just that speaker and removing and adding the bass level)

Anyone figure this out? I'm not sure what to think of this. It's either head unit, amp, speaker, or wiring to speaker. I've have read about weird issues with the amp.

I also have an occasional problem when the audio will cut out, especially when on Android Auto. Hitting the power button on/off or changing the source and back again fixes that. Probably not related (and def seems head unit issue).

I'm going to take this to the dealer, see what they can make of it. I just really hate taking sporadic issues in that may not be repeatable on demand. I like the person troubleshooting to see it broke :).

Dr Acula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if anyone here has an update on this issue? Noticed it started happening on my front passenger side speaker a few weeks ago in my 2022 Bighorn.