Front drivers' brake line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpilk99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not finding info on removing/replacing the ...heavy duty lookin', rubber sleeved, brake line on the front Driver's side of my 97 1500. Can someone help me with DIY instructions to take off that line? It's the one coming out the bottom of the T in the picture below.

Thank you,

Jay

driver side brake lines.JPG

OP
OP
jpilk99

jpilk99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dang. Now that I see the picture up close, I should probably just replace ALL brake lines ...up front. Maybe rears too. Dang, this project just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I've seen pre-bent kits ...seesm like that would be the way to go? Any recommendations?

Thank you.

87LC2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I'd probably just replace all of them if that's what I had to deal with. I doubt either of those lines would come out in one piece. The large hose has a junction box on top, the line to the left and the line above both thread into the junction on the end of the hose.

I replace all lines on my 96 last year (front & rear) with a kit from these guys - https://www.sstubes.com/ Pretty simple job and plenty of room to work under there, I would highly recommend doing all of them along with new hoses if you plan on keeping the truck. Nice to have peace of mind in an old truck when slamming on the brakes.

OP
OP
jpilk99

jpilk99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd probably just replace all of them if that's what I had to deal with. I doubt either of those lines would come out in one piece. The large hose has a junction box on top, the line to the left and the line above both thread into the junction on the end of the hose.

I replace all lines on my 96 last year (front & rear) with a kit from these guys - https://www.sstubes.com/ Pretty simple job and plenty of room to work under there, I would highly recommend doing all of them along with new hoses if you plan on keeping the truck. Nice to have peace of mind in an old truck when slamming on the brakes.

What size are the brake lines in our trucks - I'm not finding it?

JURO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Sport.
Engine
1500 5.0 liter.
hi
is there a schematic or map of the brake lines & their location & routing?
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but i can't remember how lines run to the passenger side,
as it's been over a year since I removed them.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It is best to take photos, before you pull everything apart

CLECSoft

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 & 2004
Engine
5.7 eTorque & 5.7
I had a shop replace the main line to the rear (they had to pull the gas tank) and both front lines on my '04 2500 because they were rusted. $1,400. Even though I have a lift it was well worth it. I do not have enough experience on brake line stuff.

JURO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Sport.
Engine
1500 5.0 liter.
would be nice if the service manual had a schematic or map of the brake lines & their location & routing.
anybody know how lines run to the passenger side?