Front fender liner screws/push pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a picture of my front fender liner on the passenger side of my truck. Is there supposed to be a plastic push pin in this first picture? Also, I noticed there are what appears to be 4 screws missing from each front fender liner and it’s exactly the same on each side. Is this normal or are there supposed to be screws in these holes?

View media item 30894
View media item 30895

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
If there's no metal clipnut on the liner it gets a pushpin.
If the pushpin has a Philips screwhead it's the expandable type. Loosen the screw while prying back on it til it comes out enough for the pin to feel loose, it should pull out then. It's reusable.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The inner fender holes are not all needed just to hold them on, so they leave the unneeded holes empty
They drilled the extra holes for mounting the fender flares, so that you don't have to drill them out

OP
OP
texasfan88

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok thanks to you both. From what it looks like in the first picture, there's really nothing for a push pin to attach to, so either that corner of the fender liner tore off and I just haven't noticed or it's supposed to be like that. As far as the second picture goes, regarding the 4 holes on each fender, those are all definitely push pin holes as there are no threads for a screw to grab on to. I took one of the screws out to see if it would go in there and it kept falling out. I suppose if my OCD gets too extreme, I'll get some push pins to plug those holes up. These are the kind that I have on there now by the way.

View media item 30897

OP
OP
texasfan88

texasfan88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7