Front grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raffmanlt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2001 Ram 2500, bought replacement grill but if I put in on there is no access to hood release lever. The holes in grill face are honeycomb design. They are to small to even get a finger through it. Has anyone had this. Surely they don't expect me to cut an access hole?

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
The hood release is a lever that extends down to the bottom of the grille. It is different for the sport model if that pertains to you. Easiest way to get one is to hit up a junk yard. Your grille may have even come with a square plastic clip that secures the rod to the grille.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
What nealuss said is correct.

Post pictures I suspect your truck did not have a grill and you purchased one for it. Previous owner may have removed the metal grill sub frame.

Theck4291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
The hood release is a lever that extends down to the bottom of the grille. It is different for the sport model if that pertains to you. Easiest way to get one is to hit up a junk yard. Your grille may have even come with a square plastic clip that secures the rod to the grille.
Are they different? I have a laramie SLT and a sport and never noticed a difference... ill have to check after the storm and come back because if they are different that's good info to know.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Yes. The sport grille is longer in the center so the rod is different. I got lucky and found one in the junkyard when I did my front end swap. Until that point I used my old one and bent it so it to make it work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452