Front grille chrome surround

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just can't get used to the massive chrome surround on the front grille. Does anyone know of an aftermarket option? I've considered going to the dealer parts department and trying to order a color matched surround as seen on some of the new Rams, I believe it is the sport appearance look.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, the sport appearance package changes that to body color. You could either go that route, or use a good paint/body guy and have the chrome one painted.

babbott83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
I just ordered a 2019 3500 Limited and order a painted grill surround at the same time. They priced it at $550 installed!

928dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just can't get used to the massive chrome surround on the front grille. Does anyone know of an aftermarket option? I've considered going to the dealer parts department and trying to order a color matched surround as seen on some of the new Rams, I believe it is the sport appearance look.
If you take off the chrome I would be interested In it, also the headlight chrome pieces.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
All, SEMA is in a couple weeks, so anything new in the automotive world as far as customization will be shown and released there. maybe give it a couple weeks, see what hits the shelf.

Just a thought.

928dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a 2500-3500?

OP
OP
RainDesert

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500. I looked at taking the chrome surround off but it doesn't look like it is separate from the main grille.

zrojas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you are talking about the strips running across the top and bottom of the grill and headlights, then it is definitely a separate piece from the grill itself. The top is all one piece, and the part below the grill is actually three pieces. One in center and then two pieces under each headlight. I've already looked up parts for mine. I'll post pages from the service manual tomorrow for removal and install.
It is about $530 in parts from dealership I order from, which normally has the best prices I have found. So $550 installed is pretty good. Where is that? I might have them just install mine or at least order the parts from them! Haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RainDesert

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you find a way or method for removing individual pieces?

chesafreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew
Engine
Can get it vinyl wrapped. My dad had his limited chrome done in black for a over year now and it has held up well.

zrojas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have attached the procedure from the service manual. I had to split it into two files because the single PDF was too large. The first one is the first 4 pages, and the second, the last 3. It doesn't look complicated at all and the service procedure has drawings. This procedure is for the entire grille removal (separate procedure for active grille shutters), but the surround pieces can be removed without the rear of the grille. View attachment removal1.pdfView attachment removal2.pdf

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

eawram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have diamond black grill surrounds (one upper piece, 3 lower pieces) off my 2019 3500 Laramie. I want chrome. Anyone interested in a trade? Dealership quoted me 1500, anyone heard of a better price? Thank you! Eric 707-799-0233

Have front and rear bumpers in black too that I might consider swapping. All factory new. 200 miles on the truck.

Last edited:

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Zrojas , how is front bumper removed, looks like 4 bolts on each frame side and 2 bolts on wheel well liner.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will have a set of chrome surrounds if I ever find part numbers for the black

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There should only be 10 or 12 fasteners holding the whole grille in place
Most of them are holding the dust cover that covers the hood latch, radiator, etc.
Ram calls it a Sight Shield, i guess because it shields all that stuff from sight

Once grille is out, it is very easy to remove the inserts