Front License Plate Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Received my bracket in the mail today. It's right for our trucks. The bottom set of holes have to be drilled on the bumper for proper fitment/attachment, 3/8" bit. Fits the bumper perfectly. Here's a photo of the Mopar tags that came with it.

20180425_155046_resized.jpg

goonbash

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 Longhorn Limited Megacab
Engine
cummins
I trimmed a tiny bit off the sides of a 1500 plate bracket with gardening shears and installed it with just top two screws. I put rubber caps on the bottom two screw protrusions in the back and didn't drill any bottom holes in my bumper. The protrusions resting on the bumper give in stability from deformation at speed or in a car wash but no extra holes to drill.

20180623_213128.jpg

20180623_213146.jpg

dan212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the dumbest design I have ever seen. My old truck took a hit on the front bumper that bent it. Had to be replaced (and paid for by the guy who did it). License plate itself was bent but stayed on. I just picked up a 2018 and drove it home. The bracket popped off about an hour later after I parked it.
When I looked at how it was designed I was shocked. Little plastic tabs? Are you kidding? The dealer said it was a known problem. No kidding. The design is too fragile. What do you think would happen to the bracket if anything hits it. This is a truck for goodness sake!

I made the dealer send me a replacement, but meantime used a dremel to grind off the useless tabs, then drilled them out a bit. Mounted to bumper with plastic washers against the paint on front and back with locking metal washers on top. Then good old fashioned nuts and bolts.

2ndA732

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
beware that plastic front bracket rattled loose and fell off on me, including the plate, on a gravel road. Was fortunate enough to drive back and scour the area to retrieve it, but i'm not trusting those 'self-tapping' screws in cheap plastic again. Will be bolts and nuts for both plate and bracket.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m using the ICI bumpers for the 2500 and haven’t put my front one back in yet. Been over a year.

dan212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update on the bracket. The dealer was useless and disinterested in replacing the frame which fell off my one hour old truck. They wouldn't return my calls.

But FCA/Chrysler Customer satisfaction did follow up with me. They were super nice, friendly and incredibly persistent. Ended up furious with my dealer (Security Dodge) because they discovered that a replacement had never been ordered. Like me, the dealer was not returning their own calls calls. She escalated to the area manager who went ballistic.

FCA reached out to another dealer who called me and sent me a replacement overnight. That dealer will get my future business.

I had also sent them pictures of the broken bracket and they were upset by what they saw.

Before I mount the replacement I'll try an experiment and modify the broken frame with metal bolts and washers (nylon against paint). The way it should be.

Lots of credit and huge kudos to FCA for their persistence and help. They called me with updates and repeatedly followed up. The bracket may be stupid (they thought so too), but I can't say enough about the attention and care FCA demonstrated to one of their customers.

dan212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone looked at how the bracket is made? Here are some pictures of my broken frame bracket. Sent to FCA. My annotations got their attention. This is what happens to plastic frames on a 2500 truck. Plate Holder annotated.jpegBracket_annotated_zoom_LF.jpg

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Great post. **** ass dealer. But the other responsible dealer will get referrals and the OP next order. BTW did the same thing on our 2018 2500 after reading this thread. Just a stupid cheap design with an easy fix.

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My 2018 3500 came with a front lp bracket.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk