Front lifted higher than the rear WTH?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I’m 23 and love my factory ride height, and dont see why people my age feel the need to lift up their trucks to the point they need a ladder to get in, and a crane to drop in their obese girlfriends....

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that also what they call the pre-runner look, too? Either way it’s goofy as all get out but then again, if they think their truck looks cool that way then more power to them. But it’s bad enough even when I see leveled-out trucks pulling seemingly light trailers that look like that Razor they’re haulin’ looks like it’s packin’ about an extra thousand pounds of invisible weight that these back-ended squattin’ trucks can’t even have a loaded cooler in the back without lookin’ loaded down....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Litos

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m 23 and love my factory ride height, and dont see why people my age feel the need to lift up their trucks to the point they need a ladder to get in, and a crane to drop in their obese girlfriends....

In Houston, we like them high, because of things like this

DE6CD3D5-52DF-43DC-8FD6-612FED348DCE.jpeg F110D762-1D12-44E2-B1C0-5092735ACE9D.jpeg 7044F9A6-6089-48C1-8C23-FCEB5D4A30F7.jpeg 860EFA01-1F76-4D5B-BCE3-FD68CC9E7974.jpeg A3AC588B-BDA8-41D8-A144-C388E3EA03CC.jpeg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the idea came in the 90's. Some prerunner trucks were setup that way to avoid dragging their fronts to the ground when hitting big bumps/ jumps in the desert. The idea was that the rear will land first after the jump. High school kids loved the look and wanted their rigs to look cool so they started half assing their trucks with big front spacers or taller front hubs, some others just cranked their torsion keys to the moon and either didn't have the money to address the rear or simply wanted that rear squating to the max to just have the "tough" looks. Not a lot have changed today other than perhaps the level of the lift.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh man.. camera ready there’s a bunch of those ******** kids and younger guys riding around here like that I’ll have to get some pictures when I get the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Cool story. Sounds personal.

I agree the jacked up front with squatting rear isn’t my thing but I’m not upset if someone else chooses to do it.

And stock ride height is boring. But that’s just my opinion. I’m not going to attack you over you boring choices. I’ve just always been someone who loves altering and tinkering with my vehicles.

So whether it’s a car or a truck I always love trying to get that perfect ride height and stance on it since oem usually leaves so much to be desired. And I’m sure there’s lots of people who don’t like my choice of ride height it that’s okay with me because they can go purchase their own vehicle and make it how they want or just be boring and stay stock like you.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Cool story. Sounds personal.

I agree the jacked up front with squatting rear isn’t my thing but I’m not upset if someone else chooses to do it.

And stock ride height is boring. But that’s just my opinion. I’m not going to attack you over you boring choices. I’ve just always been someone who loves altering and tinkering with my vehicles.

So whether it’s a car or a truck I always love trying to get that perfect ride height and stance on it since oem usually leaves so much to be desired. And I’m sure there’s lots of people who don’t like my choice of ride height it that’s okay with me because they can go purchase their own vehicle and make it how they want or just be boring and stay stock like you.

I forgot to clarify that i’m agreeing with the OP, lifted trucks are really cool, but not squatted trucks.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I forgot to clarify that i’m agreeing with the OP, lifted trucks are really cool, but not squatted trucks.

I’m just saying you seemed worked up about people girlfriends and whatnot. Was kinda awkward how it went from ride height choices to the size of girlfriend lol.

I’m actually looking at it from a positive standpoint that there’s still younger people into modifying vehicles. I think it’s cool they’re into it when it seems like as generations pass they get less interested than the last group. So many younger kids now seem more interested in Nintendo switch that anything auto related.

Tman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Night 4X4, Borla Catback Exhaust, Edge Pulsar, K&N, Modded Factory Air Intake, K&P Oil Filter
Engine
I think all Fords should be setup like that....lol. Add a little rap music and some 42" killer base speakers just to sweetin things up... Then have them race around some nice twisties, as I'm sure that thing handles as bad as it looks...LMAO....

mario netto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Well I can tell ya from experience, at least in SoCal, It really started back in the early 90’s. We called them pre-runners or the 909/951 style for the zip code in inland empire. Kids mainly just lifting the front of a Toyota or an F-150. When I was in high school I had a 94 Toyota pickup with the torsion bars cranked in the front and called it a pre-runner. LOL I look back and laugh at how stupid and non functional that was.

JD86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Easy on the “millennials”. I’m technically a millennial and I’m almost 34. Never in a million years would I do something like this.

Elzie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I've been seeing a lot here in Massachusetts is trucks lifted with stock height tires but really wide with street tread. They stick out so far the first thing that comes to mind is "yabba dabba dooo". There is a group of them that travel together in the Merrimack Valley area. They all have ridiculous HIDs and the Fred Flintstone wheel setup and travel in a group of about four, like women going to the restroom together...

SkylarMelo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I wrong in saying that anyone with a levelling or lift kit that has no rake will end up being like these guys once a load is put on the back?

I'm 25 and hate this front end to the sky bs as much as the next dude, but every levelled truck will end up looking like this with a load...if I could get a 1inch lift in the front, that's like all I would do as to not jeopardize the look while towing...

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am I wrong in saying that anyone with a levelling or lift kit that has no rake will end up being like these guys once a load is put on the back?

I'm 25 and hate this front end to the sky bs as much as the next dude, but every levelled truck will end up looking like this with a load...if I could get a 1inch life in the front, that's like all I would do as to not jeopardize the look while towing...

I guess if you’re someone who doesn’t tow its alright but that’s why I’ve never wanted to level mine out is just because of that unless I added air lift bags to compensate because that’s why your truck is higher in the back so that when you load it down, it levels out instead of looking like the back is terribly overloaded.

Being that my truck has the four corner air ride, I could level mine out because it would compensate for a load but with stock-sized tires mine wouldn’t look good leveled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, lately I have noticed young guys (mostly) with lifted trucks with low profile tires and the front lifted higher than the rear. WTH is that all about?
That's the "Pre-Runner" look. Made popular by the off-road racing circuit (Baja 400, etc.). Extra travel in the front end to absorb shock and stay in contact with ground at high speed, etc.

I hate that look on a street or 4x4 truck. Looks like the rear springs are broken.

Sal2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Never seen one like that down here in Florida, a good stand tall state.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I really don't like doing anything that might mess with the warranty of the truck to be honest. Just one size up on tires 245 to 265 and some Timbrens for my truck camper and I'm good to go.

Regcabguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 I-6
Your right on every word. These kids call it the Cali-lean. I think its stupid as hell too. Not to mention that they can't tow or haul anything. My 2500 is leveled but thats all. I can tow n haul anything and not blind the others.
Damn the millennials

Blue Mule
Yeah,it's a California pre runner look. They like going uphill all the time. I have Thuren's adjustable shackles so you can dial in the height.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yeah,it's a California pre runner look. They like going uphill all the time. I have Thuren's adjustable shackles so you can dial in the height.
Its just ignorant! If your goin uphill and the front is high ya damn sure can't see anything but clouds. And would probably break the seats too.

Blue Mule