Front wheels binding then a bang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodtick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2012 Dodge Ram. I have a popping grinding noise in the front end. Drivers side. The big clamp on CV boot rubs on lower A-frame once in a while.
I installed new wheel hub assembly. Not the problem. I have read everyone's ideas, so I'm going to check the bushings tomorrow.
The noise doesn't happen all the time.
It matter if it's in 4 wheel drive or 2. I sure hope it not in the differential.

Thank you in advance. Todd

3rd_gen_broke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2012 Dodge Ram. I have a popping grinding noise in the front end. Drivers side. The big clamp on CV boot rubs on lower A-frame once in a while.
I installed new wheel hub assembly. Not the problem. I have read everyone's ideas, so I'm going to check the bushings tomorrow.
The noise doesn't happen all the time.
It matter if it's in 4 wheel drive or 2. I sure hope it not in the differential.

Thank you in advance. Todd

If this still isn’t resolved all this time later: Ball Joints,Bushings for LCA, alignment, or Cardan failure in CV half shaft. Those are all i can think of. Leaning toward alignment or Cardan if its 4WD dependent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963