Front window sun shade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikek67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hi, looking for best website for a sun shade to fit front window. Thanks

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve gotten some pretty good deals from autoanything

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just bought a custom fit one made by covercraft on Amazon.

It fits great but have to be honest it's no better at keeping the heat out then my $15 foil/bubble type on I got at wal Mart. I think I am going to return the covercraft one? It's a cardboard type material with a reflective coating on the outside but it feels like it absorbs a lot of heat
At times it almost feels like it is actually hotter then the cheap one but that's very subjective as I haven't actually measured it.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Bought this beginning of summer. It is awesome.

Pigenius Windshield Sun Shade for 2019 2020 2021 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 - Premium Folding Sunshade https://a.co/d/gpO8WEB

Last edited:

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Try weathertech.com, I bought the full set for my 2500 since it is always parked outside. They sell the front alone, too.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the covercraft and it works great. Perfect fit. I had one in my last Ram too and it was just like new even after 13 years of use. I highly recommend it.

Red

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I saw that Husky has a two piece sun shade. It looks interesting, anyone try it?

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a weather tech on my 22 DT, HeatShield brand on my other car. Both do the job well and fit well. Weather tech out just enough Velcro on it to roll it up while it was in shipping and has basically never been tight enough rolled to use the Velcro sitting in the driver seat. HeatShield is thinner material but fine. Doing over, I would buy the heat shield brand. Too bad, usually like weather tech products a lot.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bought this beginning of summer. It is awesome.

Pigenius Windshield Sun Shade for 2019 2020 2021 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 - Premium Folding Sunshade https://a.co/d/gpO8WEB
I purchased one of these based on Fran's recommendation. All I can say is, wow! I can't believe the difference. I'm in NE TX, where we have seen 100+ temps for over 2-months. I spent tons of money tinting all glass last year, including the windshield, and that really helped, but the sun shade made a huge difference. Got in the truck yesterday after work and I couldn't believe the difference. Thanks, Farmer Fran!

brian42

Military
Reaction score
If that link is for the one you bought (for a 1500 Classic 4th gen) how well does it fit the window?

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Wife got me the Weathertech sun shade for the windscreen of my RAM 1500DT. Works fine in shading the interior, keeping it relatively cool inside. Only issue is it’s a pain to roll up and store away. It has a mind of its own and wants to uncurl.…..but I’m winning the fights with it.

DirtDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
All these suggestions are interior shades. I am looking for an exterior shade, much like the RV industry uses only "non see through" Think of a face mask for the windsheld. Does anyone know of such a thing?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
All these suggestions are interior shades. I am looking for an exterior shade, much like the RV industry uses only "non see through" Think of a face mask for the windsheld. Does anyone know of such a thing?
I'm not familiar with what the RV industry uses. You mean something like this?...

Looks like that one is for keeping interior temps down. They also make one for winter use, which is black. To keep frost and snow off the windshield. There are lots of other brands out there. I just googled "exterior windshield sun shade".

DirtDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
When I googled it all I got was interior shades. Nice find, thank you mikeru

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're welcome DirtDude! :cheers:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a custom fit one made by covercraft on Amazon.

It fits great but have to be honest it's no better at keeping the heat out then my $15 foil/bubble type on I got at wal Mart. I think I am going to return the covercraft one? It's a cardboard type material with a reflective coating on the outside but it feels like it absorbs a lot of heat
At times it almost feels like it is actually hotter then the cheap one but that's very subjective as I haven't actually measured it.

Come to think of it, I ordered one of those like that a long time ago from covercraft but ended up returning it because it didn’t clear my radar detector that stays mounted to the bottom of my rearview mirror so I don’t know how well it would’ve worked but the reflective material on it didn’t look to be very reflective.

I really wish I could remember the brand that I have which is kind of the same thing as that but it actually has that highly reflective material on it kind of like that Reflectix brand bubble wrap insulation that works really well. It’s just getting worn out. It’s lasted two trucks.