Fuel additives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there are plenty of discussions in regards to oil types and gas octane, but my questions to all of you, what would be a good fuel additive to put into the gas tank on the hemi engines.

With gas stations running blends of ethanol (up to 10%) I just wanted to know what is your recommendation to keep a hemi engine running well at all times. Obviously there is alot to consider if your running 87,89,91 octane gas, or if you have a tuner and some mods.

I'm just talking about a simple daily driver, regular maintenance of the engine so it last a long time.

Any thoughts suggestions on fuel injector cleaners or any other additives to keep it running as the day we got it new.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I run kleen flo tko2000 in mine twice a year, its a fuel system and injector cleaner.
The very first time i used it in this truck was the very first day i had it and i felt a huge difference in response and acceleration about 50 km after but i also attribute that to the pcm learning my driving habits and maybe the injectors were dirty because now when i run it i cant say i feel a difference. But i still reccomend it, ive used it in all my vehicles about twice a year. For sure there are other brands, i try them when they go on sale but ive never seen one work as well as i feel this one does.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Marvelous Mystery Oil and Lucas UCL are hugely popular and I use both. I doubt either does any real cleaning, but the work more as an upper cylinder lube and you can easily use in every tank. I buy them by the gallon, so it's real cheap and easy. Techron is a great cleaner, I run it every couple months. Redline has a fuel cleaner SI-1 that is a cleaner and an upper cylinder lube, but because it is synthetic it costs a lot, most expensive of the 4. I only run it every once in a while. It is probably their most popular thing they sell, very widely popular as well.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
never done it on my ram yet but i like to run an injector cleaner through every so often as well as marine fuel stabilizer which has an ethanol treatment. i believe there's other non marine ethanol treatments out now tho so they might be better

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Once a year I will add 2 bottles of Redline SI-1 to a full tank of fuel-->Just before my Winter oil Change.

Every fill up or close to it I add 1oz of Pennzoil Semi-Synthetic Marine TC-W3 rated 2-Stroke oil per 5 gallons. {625:1}ratio! Lubricates-Cleans & Keeps Clean-----> Injectors-Valves-Spark Plugs. Both these are Detergents not Solvents.

Last edited:

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do a Google search on BG44K and read the reviews on Amazon . . . I put it in my 2012 a month ago, and it runs better than new, and picked up 1.5 mpg

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've always used the Lucas Fuel System cleaner they sell for ~$5 at Autozone. However I am definitely interested in running MMO pretty soon since I'll have a place to store a gallon or 5 and I'll also be looking into ethanol treatments.

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have ran many different additives. Cleaners, upper cylinder lube, octane booster.

Redline SI-1 is by far the best I have tried. I say the best because other than Techron concentrate it is the only cleaner/UCL that I noticed a difference with. What they both have in common is PEA. Redline has a little more so I read and it claims a UCL which is an added benefit. After I run a tank my MPG increase, or return to normal I should say.

Run a bottle of it every time prior to changing your oil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Update, is it annoying or great that one brand keeps proving itself with results for our trucks? You can look at all of the boroscoped fuel additives on youtube, there are a ton, even the process of sea foam which gives that product an advantage, still doesn't produce results like this. Undeniable evidence if you run 3 bottles of redline si-1 thought the gas tank your engines combustion chamber is LIKE NEW. I challenge and would be grateful to anyone who can produce evidence another product can do the same, the more the better, but if you want that chamber spotless with what we know now, you know what to do. Evidence is not talk but rather a video that shows the cleaning. This guy has done three vids, this was the final but you can find the other two easily.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always ran seafoam or Lucas just before every oil change. I've never scoped any of my engines, but the plugs were always clean.