Fuel Filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andres760

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just replaced my bed because of a hit and run incident. I replaced it with a bed I got from a junkyard. Everything fit nice except for the fuel filler neck. I have a 16 Ram with the 6.7 and the bed I got was from a 2010 hemi and the holes on mine doesnt match up with the bed I got. Does anyone have an experience with this or know what I can do ? the top photo is from my old and the bottom one is the bed I just put on
IMG_1560.jpegIMG_1561.jpeg

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
First, posting the same thing twice 15min apart is annoying to the rest of us. Second, I've seen people have to reroute their fill tubes before, hardly and exact science. I'm not 100% sure how the hose attaches to the tank but you may be able to just loosen the connection and turn it a bit to make it fit.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know the fuel filler doors are different between. The diesels and gassers the diesel ones have a gasket around the door as they use a capless fuel filler

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Something does not match up.

The two photos are of different beds and connections :33:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Something does not match up.

The two photos are of different beds and connections :33:
I think that was his point. He's asking for suggestions on how to make it work for him.

I just replaced my bed because of a hit and run incident. I replaced it with a bed I got from a junkyard. Everything fit nice except for the fuel filler neck. I have a 16 Ram with the 6.7 and the bed I got was from a 2010 hemi and the holes on mine doesnt match up with the bed I got. Does anyone have an experience with this or know what I can do ? the top photo is from my old and the bottom one is the bed I just put on
View attachment 522748View attachment 522749
I'd probably just punch new holes in the new bed and use self-tapping screws to make new holes in the fuel filler surround. Looks like it's plastic so it should be pretty simple to make it work. I'd definitely get a cap for your diesel filler neck though because you won't have the gasket on the door like your old bed should have had.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45