Fuel Filters on the diesel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orlando70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
For those who like to do the oil and fuel filter maintenance there is a piece of information that I have found to be not true. In the 2019 CTD the rear fuel filter/separator is a cartridge type not a pin-on. A few (mostly all) sites like Amazon have package deals for all 3 filters ( oil + 2 fuel) labeled as 2013 on... This is not gonna work as they will send you a spin filter for the rear fuel one. I found out the hard way. As an added note, diesel fuel filters are a messy preposition to deal with!

ClassicRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings 6.7
So did you find the right kit to order and if so can you share it?

OP
OP
Orlando70

Orlando70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Front fuel Filter: 68157291AA
Rear fuel filter: 68436631AA
Oil filter: 05083285AA

For all of you DYI please go and see the videos in youtube. You should get the oil filter cap and the socket for the fuel filter (same size front and back). Last but not least... It could get messy!
There are 3 gallons of oil that will come out at an alarming rate. The front fuel filter... once you release the pressure and crack the seal give yourself a few minutes to let it drain all out. It will be about 1/2 a liter by the way so placing a solo cup at the end of the little hose will not do the trick! The rear fuel filter is pretty easy since not as much diesel will be housed there, but the driveshaft is on the way of a clean catch scenario.

Last edited:

marioram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.4
Thanks for the info, I almost bought the ones that fit until 2018.