Fuel issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobf5761

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay boys and girls here's the issue 2020 5.7 I put in an overnight parking with just under quarter tank. I'm gone 2 weeks come back Gage says empty packs like she is completely out of fuel parking attendance brought me a 5 gallon thing of gas as as I started to pour it in the filler tube gas would overflow back onto the ground. So I check and fuel is right up to the top of the filler tube I tried to start it again acts like she's out of gas fuel gauge still says e had to have my dealer send a rollback 3 hours to pick up my truck and then take me home any ideas what the problem might be? I am presuming a sensor or a relay but still does not explain why my filler tube is full to the brim and the gas gauge says empty

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most vehicles have a 2nd flapper down the fill hole that has to be opened with a gas nozzle, or a special kind of funnel or gas can. If the one in the fill neck isn't opened, the fuel won't go to the tank.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Did You slide under the fuel tank & look up on all sides ?

Is that a Fill Tube that does not have a Cap ?