Fuel leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rlosycer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 HO cummins
Hey y’all. New to this forum. I recently became the owner of a 2002 ram 2500 6-speed 4x4 with the 5.9 Cummins. The last few days I noticed a little puddle of diesel dripping from the rear of the block between the tranny and the block. I also noticed it splashed on the front driveshaft too. Any ideas where a fuel leak like this could be coming from? Is it a common issue? The previous owner also added a FASS fuel system. Thanks in advance.
-Roee

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I don't have an 02, but that sounds like right where my fuel filter is located on my 05. No idea about the FASS.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don’t think you have any worries as the same thing happened on my 99’. I installed a FASS Titanium pump and when the stock fuel filter is bypassed, there is still a bit of fuel in there. From time to time, I’d see a spot on the driveway for about 6 months or so. I looked to see where that fuel was coming from, it was the factory filter.

You could use a Turkey baster to duck out any remaining fuel and that should stop the dribbles on the ground.