Fuel Mileage while Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
And there’s a **** ton that do and either people deleted, got it fixed or sold it. Not to say there isn’t those that have had no trouble.

If you live in California, like I do, then the best way for a CTD (07.5-12) to pass emissions is to have an extra set of emission equipment and use it only for the bi-annual smog check.
You can believe whatever you want.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And there’s a **** ton that do and either people deleted, got it fixed or sold it. Not to say there isn’t those that have had no trouble.

If you live in California, like I do, then the best way for a CTD (07.5-12) to pass emissions is to have an extra set of emission equipment and use it only for the bi-annual smog check.
Really no way to tell for sure what percentage had problems. I always take what I hear on the internet with a big grain of salt as the comments are always heavily biased to those with problems. Seems like most people that have problems jump on the internet and rant about it, while people with no problems sit back and don't say anything. Then for every one person who actually had a problem and post it there are 10 other people that get on another site and will post that certain trucks has problems (because they heard about it someplace else even though they personally have never had a problem). Also don't forget about the people that rant about the truck having issues but leave out the part where they put a +200 hp tuner on it, never performed maintenance, or beat the crap out of it.

OP
OP
J

jwynnejr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Really no way to tell for sure what percentage had problems. I always take what I hear on the internet with a big grain of salt as the comments are always heavily biased to those with problems. Seems like most people that have problems jump on the internet and rant about it, while people with no problems sit back and don't say anything. Then for every one person who actually had a problem and post it there are 10 other people that get on another site and will post that certain trucks has problems (because they heard about it someplace else even though they personally have never had a problem). Also don't forget about the people that rant about the truck having issues but leave out the part where they put a +200 hp tuner on it, never performed maintenance, or beat the crap out of it.

Y’all are wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFV1134

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
Pulling a 32’ gooseneck enclosed, weighing a total of 17,500 (truck included), I am seeing roughly 11 MPG at 70 MPH.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch ! 53 mph average over almost 2400 miles towing a Nash 17k travel trailer. Granted that was above 2500 ft the whole trip with some 10k+ passes. Curiously I got the best mileage going through Salt Lake both ways, the worst along Hwy 20 in OR.

IMG_3436.jpg

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I averaged 11 dragging a 4k lb trailer from Pennsylvania to Colorado, 2018 ram 2500 6.4 3.73 drove 80mph most of the way.