Fuel Nozzle Won't Fit In Fuel Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been going to the same couple of gas stations for years.I recently stopped at the local 711,which I primarily use, and noticed that there were new fuel nozzles installed on the pumps.I went to pump my gas and the nozzle won't fit in the tank.The nozzle is much shorter and is mostly straight so it can't make the bend into the fuel tank inlet.So,I left there concerned and ended up getting gas at the Racetrac,which I have also used for many years.I never went back to 711.Today,I needed gas so I went to Racetrack and lo and behold...new nozzles which won't fit my tank.I ended up at WAWA which still has the old type nozzles and I finally was able to get gas.What are we supposed to do here?I was planning a long road trip but I'm concerned that I'll be stranded with no way to get gas.I should mention I have a 2016 1500 Big Horn

Last edited:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've been going to the same couple of gas stations for years.I recently stopped at the local 711,which I primarily use, and noticed that there were new fuel nozzles installed on the pumps.I went to pump my gas and the nozzle won't fit in the tank.The nozzle is much shorter and is mostly straight so it can't make the bend into the fuel tank inlet.So,I left there concerned and ended up getting gas at the Racetrac,which I have also used for many years.I never went back to 711.Today,I needed gas so I went to Racetrack and lo and behold...new nozzles which won't fit my tank.I ended up at WAWA which still has the old type nozzles and I finally was able to get gas.What are we supposed to do here?I was planning a long road trip but I'm concerned that I'll be stranded with no way to get gas

This is really weird! I’m not totally surprised but the fact that you can’t fill up is very unusual. The only issue I run into is the pump stops constantly. I find Esso pumps are the worst for that. They maybe fill up too fast for our gas tank inlets [emoji2369]. I have a hard time getting most nozzles in and out but never the issue you’re describing !

Maybe someone will have to invent an adapter for our trucks lol.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There is a revised fuel filler pipe with a better angle. There are several threads about it.
part number is:
68448220AA

Dont come in here with your solutions and stuff! We wanna vent! lol. Just kidding. If I mention something to my dealer will they replace ?

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Who are you talking to? If you hit the "quote" button down in the right hand corner,you can quote whoever you are talking to.

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to get the same sort of funnel but without the bends for my diesel Grand Cherokee. Found a few occasions when I'd be running on fumes and station after station only had the large high volume pump handles.
Found an adapter kit with storage container at a Volkswagon site of all places.
Cost was cheap.
I'll dig it up and post a pic or 2 if it will work for the Ram as well.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio