Fuel Pump Identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8 MFI
Hi,

I'm trying to identify the fuel pump installed on my 1991 B250 van conversion.

Everything I find on the internet is 'similar but not exactly like my fuel pump'.

Here's a posting from a 1989 version of my van:

fueltank-top.jpg
The tank itself looks the same as my 1991 van, but the connections on the pump are completely different.

The evap hose on mine comes from the top of the tank itself, and there is a rubber **** where it is on this picture. My supply/return pipes are in a different position from the picture and there isn't a drain/siphon hose on mine at all.

Here's a picture of a fuel pump that is listed as for my specific van

NEW-1.jpg

This looks closer to my fuel pump setup, but the various connections are in different positions on mine although I don't think this is critical.

My questions are:

- what is the raised white tube for at the top-right of the picture? On mine it seems to be bunged up.
- what is the small white connector for at the top-left of the picture? It appears to be designed for a fuel pipe connector to clip onto, but on mine there is nothing there!
- how can I drain the fuel tank if there is no siphon provided, without taking the tank off?
- some similar fuel pumps seem to have a regulator on top, but on my van it is near the throttle body.
- maybe someone has replaced the stock pump with one from another vehicle, which explains the subtle differences in connections?